“Lovely food & good service”

La Alcaria de Ramos
Reserve with
La Alcaria de Ramos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 495 Restaurants in Estepona
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We had an early dinner with the family at 7.30 and the food especially the king prawns were excellent. The nice table on the patio made for an enjoyable meal and we would not hesitate to go again.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Ramos was just up the hill from where we were staying so we decided to give it a try , we managed to get a table which on the other side of the road to the restaurant which was fine with us but they seemed to make a point of saying we were lucky to get a table as we should have booked !! the menu seemed to look expensive but their were little courses brought out in between which were part of the meal which was a nice touch , It's in a nice setting and we had a lovely meal , not overly expensive but not cheap either , worked out about €30 a head for 7 of us , definately will be back .

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday night with regulars of this restaurant, who were known to the owner.. We were seated at a table under trees on opposite side of road to restaurant under a canopy - this proved to be a mistake, not only because the waiters seemed to forget we were there (but the insects didn't?)
We ordered our food, and the starters arrived within half an hour, which was fine.
After another HOUR we asked a waiter when our main courses would be arriving - he said he would ask, but did not return to tell us. We asked the owner who said he would check, but he didn't return either, neither did our food arrive. Over two and a half hours after we had arrived our main courses were brought to us. My duck was so over-cooked that I couldn't cut in to it, even though I had been given a steak knife. I certainly couldn't chew it! One of our party had ordered liver and bacon - the 'bacon' was two strips of fat, with no meat on it. The waiter agreed that this was not right, and said he would tell the kitchen.
At this stage we asked to move tables, as the light over our table canopy was attracting loads of bugs, which were all falling onto the table. Pretty disgusting, but no candle of anything of table to deter them.
On hearing of the complaint, even thought the waiter agreed the food was not up to standard,the owner accused us of criticising his daughter's cooking, and shouted and ranted at us 'not wanting to like his food'.
This is disgraceful behaviour towards his regular customers. on an evening when the service was lacking - the people on the table next to us told us that the kitchen seemed to be having a bad night, and this was not a one-off occurrence.
I would never return to this restaurant - the service and the attitude of the owner were absolutely appalling - no-one wants to go out for an evening with friends and have it ruined like this.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The patio of this restaurant is a lovely place for dinner on a nice day, but my experience was very poor otherwise.

I started gambas Pil-Pil. I know it can be spicy, but I got one bite that was so crazy spicy that it was clearly a mistake of some sort - completely out of whack with anything else I've had in Spain, or even previous bites of this same serving. It really burnt my tongue in a way I"ve rarely encountered.

Next, several of our group had ordered the duck entree. Quite a while after we placed our order they came out to say that they didn't have enough of the duck entrees so one of us would have to change our order, and then ten minutes later they announced that another of our group would have to switch our order.

If this were just 10m after originally placing our order I would have been much more OK with it. Needless to say it took a very long time before our Entrees were actually served.

I can't comment on the flavour of my entre because my tongue hadn't recovered from the appetizer but it was very dry. Fortunately one of the people who got the lamb gave me some of theirs and it was much better then mine.

1  Thank Tom1422
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Eaten here many times, always excellent food, and the staff are friendly and attentive, off the besten track but a resl gem, booking advised