Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Malaga
US$103
US$111
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$119
US$112
  • Bar/Lounge
US$84
US$77
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

US$137
US$143
Barcelo.com
  • Restaurant
US$57
Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad(Malaga)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Restaurant
US$69
All reviewspub crawltapas tourrooftop barcommon areasrooms are bigensuite bathroomperfect stayrooms are cleanlocation is greatdormcityfridgeearplugsroommateeuroscarlosferia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A very lively sociable atmosphere made it very easy to make alot of friends very quickly. I stayed in a ten bed dorm. The whole place was very clean, the shower was hot and powerful and they even had air conditioning. I like that they offered the option to have dinner in the evening as the food was great, inexpensive and saved having to cook. The location of the hostel is perfect, right at the heart of the city and 15mins walk from the beach. They offer a free walking tour everyday to help orientate yourself, the perfect way to begin your stay in Malaga.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

In this hostel you can find the real atmosphere every hostel is supposed to have in my opinion. The good position and a VERY friendly staff make this hostel just perfect to spend your time in Malaga. Good cleaning condition and the staff also organize every day a lot of different activities! Don't miss it if you pass by Malaga!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 4 guys staying in Malaga for 2 nights. The 4 bed dorm perfectly suited our needs. The room was clean and spacious (probably the largest hostel room I've been to). The attached bathrooms were nice and clean as well. The staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help us. The 3€ breakfast was amazing for the price. There was always something going on every night, be it pubcrawls or barbecues. All in all, it's one of the best hostels that I've ever visited.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed in the Oasis Hostel for two nights at the end of June. I wasn't a backpacker myself, just spending a few days in Malaga after flying there before continuing down further south.

Check in was easy and key cards are used for room access which is nice and easy. I was in a 10 bed dorm that I shared with Germans, Spanish, Austrians and French which provided a great multicultural vibe. Each bed has 2 big lockable drawers that I used to store my laptop, money and passport secured with a padlock that I brought along myself.

Bedding was clean and the beds of reasonable comfort, there was a clean "en-suite" bathroom in the room with a sink, toilet, bidet and bath/shower and we also had a balcony which some residents used for smoking and also drying clothes.

Wi-Fi was great and available throughout the whole place, you didn't even have to log in again even moving from the ground floor to the roof which was great. Speeds were fine, as a note, I work from my laptop as a freelancer and it was more than adequate for my web and graphic design needs in terms of upload and download. There were also 4 computers to use and some handy plugs for recharging.

I didn't use the kitchens but there were two on the ground floor that looked of a good size. There was a nice common area on the ground floor with lots of tables and seating. On the first evening I had decided to get stuck in with as much activities as possible as I was travelling on my own.

I signed up for a bar crawl for 5EUR that included free beer and sangria as about 10 of us sat around the common room playing drinking games. I proceeded to get pretty smashed as we were then led out on a shot fueled tour of some of Malaga's bars ending in a (small) club. I think I paid about 7 Euros altogether including the 5 for the bar crawl. SMASHED.

The hostel is a bit tricky to find, situated down a small side street with no car access.

Overall, a good place. Running out of steam now, this alcohol fueled trip is starting to take its toll. I will return to Oasis at the end of my trip for one night before I fly home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

There were two ladies at the reception desk who were not welcoming at all. I felt as if I was intruding into their conversation when I arrived. The hostel rooms are huge, very spacious! The 3 euro breakfasts were also delicious, definitely worth it! The rooms were clean and it was great having a fridge in the room too. A larger bathroom mat would be better to soak up the water that would be left on the floor after 8 girls having a shower! A special mention to the lovely German gentleman who worked as a hostel room cleaner, I would love to know his name as I never got to thank him personally! He was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo