1,060 results
All reviewsjunior suitepuerto banusmistral beachhot tubsea viewpool areabeach pathrooftop terracebeach barchampagne bardining tablelovely hotelbeach fronthuge balconyhalf boardreception staffout of season
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel mainly for location and it really is in a prime position, walking distance to the restaurants and shops in Puerto Banus. Our family room was really spacious but probably due to the time of year the hotel felt quiet & the service at breakfast wasn’t as you’d expect from a 5* hotel. I’d be interested to return in peak season to compare the difference.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Victor V, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Hotel Guadalpin Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear you had a good stay. We feel sorry to hear your comments about the service at breakfast. I will share your comments with the management team to improve guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

One of THE worst hotels I’ve ever stayed in and I’m in the industry. A hotel that lives on a 1980s reputation and needs dragging into the 21st. Any 5star hotel you don’t expect to pay for sun beds on the “private” beach, decor dated, breakfast inadequate, lifts only use if you have half a day to spare, service was given begrudgingly and ground floor rooms are part of the nightclub which closes around 5am weekends!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rik J
Victor V, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Hotel Guadalpin Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Mr Jones,

I was reading carefully your review, and I think must be a mistake and you are not referring to Hotel Guadalpin Banús, since we do not have a nightclub in the Hotel. So far, we are located in between Puerto Banús and San Pedro de Alcantara right by the beach in a peaceful and very residential area.

Regards,

Blanca Vidal. Administration department.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

We have stayed in this hotel several times mainly because of the beach location. The rooms are spacious with very large balconies and the some suite rooms have a very nice kitchen and fridge. Quality of food is of a high standard and the staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Guadalpin Banús for your travels to Marbella. We appreciate your excellent rating. I am thrilled to read that our commitment to providing an exceptional guest experience resonated throughout your time with us. As a hotel we greatly appreciate your recommendation and we eagerly await your return.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This noted has a fantastic beach bar that is fantastic. It is on the seafront and has great views of the ocean and Marbella. We have walked past this bar many times but we decided to give it a try when one of the bars wouldn’t let us have a drink in the afternoon unless we had lunch!

The staff and drinks in this place were fantastic. We had sangria and it was nice and plenty of fruit (didn’t need lunch). There was a huge selection of drinks and plenty of champagne if that is your choice.

It has a nice atmosphere and background music that is pleasant and allows you to chat and enjoy the sunshine and views of Marbella.

We had an issues where there was a wind rush and it blew our umbrella over which knocked my dink over. The staff were fantastic, they moved us, cleaned everything and had the maintenance man fixing the umbrella immediately. They also gave us a free jug of sangria and were very apologetic. Meant we had to drink a second jug but we managed it.

A great choice and I would highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary F

Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was pleased to read that you had an outstanding stay with us and that you had time to discover our Beach Bar.
I was particularly pleased to read your comments about our friendly and attentive team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We spent 5 nights at the Gran Hotel Gvadalpin Banus. We really enjoyed our time there, which was the last week of a Europe Holiday. After a lot of travel, the plan was just to take it easy and relax for the last of it.
The hotel was about an hour from the Train Station and Airport, we were collected from the Train Station by the Hotel and this cost E110.00 the return trip to the Airport by the hotel cost us E100.00 – both ways were in a comfortable Mercedes Van and door to door.
We had booked 2 x Superior One Bedroom Terrace Rooms with Partial Ocean View – Half Board. The rooms were pleasant, they are not what I would refer to as 1 Bedroom as they are a regular hotel room with a bathroom off it and a nice big balcony. My understanding is that the Superior are the rooms facing into the central pool area and the standard and facing out of the resort. I saw most of the room types whilst walking past open doors when cleaners where in there and they appeared the same standard, just the view was different.
I had a room on the 3rd floor and my friend had one of the Ground floor – You do have to go to the outside edge of the balcony to see the ocean but if you are on the ground floor (and maybe even level 1) there were no ocean views and there are people right outside your window all day and most of the night. The 3rd floor was fine though. I would keep clear of the ground floor, this is not a partial ocean view room – (we had rooms 333 and 125).
The rooms were pleasant, clean and tidy, the TVs are due for replacement – but then again, I’m not on holiday to watch tv, aircon worked well and the bathrooms nice enough. The balcony is very large and has outdoor furniture, actually the balcony was great, I would like to have spent more time on mine, it was lovely.
The room I had (and also my friend) had an Interconnecting door, I really don’t like these, but in all honesty I did not hear anything through the door, so sound proofing was sufficient.
We enjoyed breakfast everyday out in the courtyard area, the selection of food was good, the service was also very good – I must make a special mention of a constant stand out member of staff – Ivan, was there every morning, what an absolutely lovely guy, so efficient and was watching the entire place, no one was left waiting, he always tended to group requirements and coffee orders taken and delivered quickly – I saw him every morning for the time we were there, every morning was amazing – A true asset to the company – absolutely exceptional service.
Every day we decided to relax on the beach rather than around the pool, the beach was lovely, well maintained and run efficiently – Salais was great and had everything under control, very well run. It pays to note though that you have to pay E12.00 per day for the sunlounger, this provides you with the lounger for the day, water and fruit.
Each evening we enjoyed drinks in the Sofia Bar – there is an indoor area and an outdoor area, we frequented both, this is run exceptionally – you could not fault it, Angel worked there every evening we were there and he has that place run fantastically – every night for 5 nights – perfect drinks and excellent service – and so professional.
Dinners at the resort were lovely, the staff and the entertainment were excellent, there is a lovely man that is the Host at the entrance and every night, he was great and ensured everyone was well taken care of. The food was of an excellent quality, far higher standard than I was expecting, some of the food I enjoyed was equal to some meals I have enjoyed in top restaurants around the world – I was impressed. I guess the only negative was that I would think seriously about whether the ‘Half Board’ is a good idea when booking. The half board means that you can only have certain food off the menu or pay for it. It was quite limiting and in all honesty I would not bother with half board again and I would just pay for the food I want on the day. One of our favourite waiters was Cesar, so friendly and efficient – we lovely having him as our waiter on several occasions,
All in all I felt the Grand Hotel Gvadalpin Banus was very good, it is a close walk to the port (about 15 minutes or so) all staff were great and the resort was a very pleasant stay – I would definitely stay here again, but would carefully assess the room I wanted and whether I would bother with the half board dining options.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Adam6750
Victor V, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Hotel Guadalpin Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Hello Adam,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review in detail the Hotel Guadalpin Banús. It was a pleasure to have you with us for your vacation and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to host you again in the future.
Thank you again for your rating, I will be sure to share your gracious comments with the staff.
We are sorry to hear you didn´t enjoy our half board, I will share your feedback with the Chef of the Hotel.