“CAFE BLACK BRILLIANT, CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK”
Review of BLACK cafe-bar

BLACK cafe-bar
Ranked #176 of 791 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Well what can one say.....Great value for money with extremely great food, excellent wine etc, authentic tapas complementary, the most relaxing café bar in Torremolinos. Staff a credit, namely Radik a lovely young gentleman who looked after us ( he also speaks 3 languages).
Cannot wait to return. Hopefully very soon.

Radislav_87, Администратор at BLACK cafe-bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you very much, looking for forward to see you again!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Situated by the fountain in Plaza Andalucía this small but clean bar is ideal for couples and singles but not really a family place. In a good location it serves good quality food and drinks in a friendly atmosphere, and being away from the centre the prices are lower. Will be going again.

1  Thank Brian P
Reviewed 20 February 2018

This place has a wide assortment of light eats as well as full meals. Excellent service in several languages and free Wi-Fi that actually works. Opens at 10am and runs until midnight.

1  Thank keithsW8162OF
Radislav S, Администратор at BLACK cafe-bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We three British middle aged guys were on our last day's week long break in Torremuelle. We had had some wine and beers on the beach (Eden Beach Club) and were after our final meal in Spain. We were hoping to get a menu del dia in the sunshine but it was past 17:00 and unlikely. I took my friends up the main touristy drag and east round the weird shopping mall into the large square where Mc Jamon and Mercadona were, hoping to find the last of the sun and food at a good price although it was too late for a menu del dia. In the distance past the empty fountain we saw 'Black' still in the sun. Getting closer an a-frame board offered a mdd at €7.50, the cheapest yet, but at 17:10? I asked the waiter, he hesitated but said yes thankfully! Three punters are better than none! As pescatarians the three course menu mains were mostly meat but it was better than nothing in the shade.

We grabbed the outside sunlit table by the launderette and I let the waiter know we all wanted the mdd. The drinks were the priority so two whites and a red were ordered first. He returned with them quickly and we toasted to the 'setting' sun and relaxed. The waiter, a muscovite, gave us a rundown of the menu. My friends chose the fish, I decided I really would like a solomillo steak for once. The starters were creamed courgette soup, tuna salad and spinach omelette.

The oil, balsamic vinegar and small basket of sliced French bread arrived quickly after ordering at 17:30 so did the starters.

I turned on my iPhone wifi and it showed a 5G Black signal! Wow! I asked for the wifi code (the waiter said 'welcome to the 21st century'!) which was their phone number, and logged on. The speed was 55up and 44down, although a 34ms ping. The best yet! I looked up Black on TA and found it quickly. We got a lot of social media done whilt aaiting the food, so making up for the bad signal outside Eden earlier.

My friend really enjoyed the soup, although he does not usually like courgettes as vegetables. It was tasty and one of the best he had had on this holiday. My undressed salad was generous and fresh with albeit tinned tuna (as usual) so benefited from the oil and vinegar. The spinach omelette was a generous portion and 90% spinach. Considering how much it reduces on cooking it must have been a bush to start off! It was also very tasty he said. The starters were a success.

The mains came by 17:45 and we quite generous too. They were accompanied by good and crisp French fries/chips My largish flat steak was tasty as were the battered fish. We were all happy and the bread was used to mop up the juices, oil, vinegar and lemon (with the fish).

On finishing the main course the waiter cleared the plates and offered a selection of deserts: Vanilla or chocolate ice cream, flan, chocolate brownie, coffee or tea.

The flan arrived quickly as a small metal tub affair bit was quite tasty and looked good when inverted and popped out. Our friend's coffee was large and he enjoyed it. My brownie was a fair sized chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream, cream and all drizzled with chocolate sauce so very well presented!! Amazing value and very tasty. I felt I had to give most of my ice cream to my friend with the flan as neither of us could have guessed the outcome. We saw the menu inside later and the brownie was €2.50 a la carte as opposed to the coffee or flan at €1.50!

The deal was so good, the waiter excellent, the ambiance too, although we were getting a bit too chilled outside. We decided we had enough time (before catching the train to the airport and our 20:55 flight) for a bottle of house wine (we asked the waiter, it was only €9!) if we went inside the marquee bit (the waiter had dropped the walls to enclose it fully). We grabbed the corner table and ordered the wine. We struck up conversation with an ex pat retired headteacher and his lady friend who turned out to be the waiter's mum! We all got on well, helped be that bottle of Rioja Cofrade 2016 (not a Trumpism). Eventually we had to leave and asked for the bill. It came in at €31.50! We added an extra €2 for the friendly waiter. On the food I noticed a TA Certificate of Excellence! I mentioned to the waiter and cook that the name should not be 'Black' as it was the last brightest place on the square!! I popped into the single loo which was fine, a small latch to lock it.

We left at 19:10, got to the station, waited five minutes for the train, ten minutes to the airport, in time for the 20:55 plane.

Altogether this is an excellent place with locals, ex pats and tourists alike which was off the tourist trail being in the locals' square and was all very convivial! 5/5!

Radislav S, Администратор at BLACK cafe-bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Wow! Thank you very much! We are looking for forward to see you again!)

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Nice little bar-restaurant awith great outside seating area as well.
This place is known for its good and inexpensive food, at least that's what we also discovered when we were there.
The value for money is excellent, this is also the reason why I rated this place as excellent.
Staff is very friendly.

Radislav S, Администратор at BLACK cafe-bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Thank you!))