1,236 results
All reviews former convent ac hotel el claustro beautiful courtyard five star hotel older part superior room double windows front desk staff old section the bus amazing hotel mini bar modern amenities royal chapel hotel is centrally located large bathroom
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I originally tried to book the Alhambra Palace Hotel, but now I'm so pleased I couldn't get the dates and chose this hotel instead. Despite me not trusting the sat nav to get me to the door (taxi and bus lane) it was correct and I now wish I had trusted it.

Excellent central location, close to the Cathedral and wonderful restaurants. Valet parking so everything is taken of upon arrival.

We booked a junior suite in the old restored part of the hotel, which was superb in every way. Large bedroom with TV, separate lounge area with sofa, Nespresso machine, table chairs and large flat screen TV, excellent bathroom with shower over the bath, twin wash basins, bidet etc. complete with robes, slippers, face cloths, toiletries etc.

Hi speed internet was very good for what we needed (20mbps).

We didn't eat in the hotel, and there is no need to as there are numerous places to dine or breakfast within 5 or 10 minutes stroll.

Reception desk and porters all extremely friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We arrived at the hotel and the concierge took our car and parked it at an offsite parking.
We expected a modern Marriott....Not only is it modern but it also has rooms in an ancient Monastery which is attached to the hotel. I would recommend booking a room in the old Monastery part. Fantastic rooms.
Everyone we came in contact with were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Easy access to everything
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Perfect location for exploring Grenada, with the Moroccan quarter on one side and the Spanish on the other (broadly speaking). We had a superior room in the old convent so full of character and overlooking the courtyard (see photos).
Bed was very comfortable, room was quiet, bathroom clean and well equipped. Service was very good.
We didn’t eat at the hotel as there is plenty of choice for breakfast and dinner close, and not so close by. We did however have very large and delicious G&Ts in the courtyard one evening after a busy day being tourists, which was lovely!
We got a cab from the airport - €30 to and €23 going back. Very quick and stop outside.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2018

When the parador could not accommodate our plans, we decided on Santa Paula because of our Marriott Rewards. In retrospect, this hotel suited our needs better because it is in the center of Granada within easy walking distance of just about everything. Our free upgrade placed us on the lower level in a suite, 001, off of a lovely courtyard in the old convent. Our only regret is that we were so busy exploring Granada that we didn't have much time to enjoy the luxuries of our suite. The staff throughout the hotel was helpful and informative. The breakfast that came with the room was extraordinary. It even included their version of guacamole. As with all other Marriott properties that we visited in Spain, there were wash cloths with the towels. When visiting Spain and much of Europe, be sure to pack your own wash cloth unless staying in a hotel with a North American affiliation. The hotel also has a very nice bar on the inner patio adjacent to the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I was delighted to have stayed in Santa Paula. It is a well-appointed hotel with quite an attentive and very helpful staff. The building was originally a convent with an elegant cloister. Rooms are distributed around the cloister. There is also a more modern extension that is sympathetically built to blend well with the overall look and feel complete with exposed beams and wooden shutters. The room is of good size and same is true with the bathroom which has a relatively bigger bathtub. The restaurant is simple but elegantly laid out flowing into the cloister. The menu captures a good variety of local products. Expect classic Spanish favorites to have some Granadan twist. You can sample their tasting menu or their full gastronomic course. The chef is not shy with his flavors which I find successful in its robustness and impact.

I believe what I enjoyed most is the attention I got from their staff. They are attentive and willing to assist. Carmen in particular helped in guiding me on where to go and in arranging for my last minute flamenco show. She also helped me expedite an earlier start for my Alhambra tour so I can catch my ride back to Madrid.

Overall I am happy to have stayed in Santa Paula and I wish I had more time to explore and enjoy Granada and sleep more nights in this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo