“Dinner in the hotel”

Restaurante San Fernando - Hotel Alfonso XIII
Reserve with
Restaurante San Fernando - Hotel Alfonso XIII is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #344 of 2,876 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We had a nice dinner here. We started with the salads which were quite large and had a tasty dressing. For a main course we had the seafood paella ,also good. The maitre d helped us with wines and we had a delicious local white. Service was very friendly and professional. Very nice ambiance. Also in the evening they have someone playing the piano. Dress code is smart casual, no jackets needed.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

The setting alone is worth dining here. Very romantic, quiet and special, and the service is top notch. The food is average: My starter salad and paella were nothing not particularly innovative, specially presented or flavored in a unique way. Still, the food was very decent and the service attentive and caring.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

6.8, 6.9, 2017

Stayed at the hotel and had breakfast here each day.

Bread 5/5

Eggs 5/5

Cold Cut Selection 4/5

Pastries/ Cakes/ Donuts 4.5/5

Service 4.5/5

Custom Eggs 5/5

Fruit Selection 5/5 really great fresh fruit selection

Orange Juice 2/5 very bland tasted like concentrated not fresh squeezed,
not what you can get in Florida or the Westin Palace in Madrid or the Hotel Imperial Vienna.

This restaurant could be great but someone needs to sharpen up every detail as it is lacking.

the Doctor hit me back with some LOVE and a helpful VOTE!

1  Thank DoctorVonCueBall
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying I've traveled all over Europe and understand that service is different in different countries. You'll notice in my review that I speak of comparative service to what everyone else is receiving. You can also see from my other reviews that I am rarely very upset.

I wanted to eat here because this hotel looks beautiful and I assumed, given its rating, the food would be good. So my fiancé and I planned our last meal for Seville to be here to finish our romantic trip. We made reservations online and showed up amply beforehand. The restaurant opened on time, which was our reservation time. We were seated, but by a different person than the host seating everyone else, and we were not given menus. We got water and then that waiter left. We sat there for 10 minutes, with no one asking us if we wanted a menu, a drink, bread, etc. Noticing that all other tables had menus and wine, I flagged down a waiter and requested menus. He brought us ones that looked different than the ones being held by everyone else, but it appeared to have all the items, so we chose what we wanted and waited for the waiter to come over. And we waited. And we WAITED. At this point, I was getting upset, as all the other tables now had wine, bread, and ordered their food, and we still hadn't been asked for a drink order. Several waiters passed us and the host even stood in front of us writing something down for another table, then avoided my meerkat "please help us" gaze and went back to the front. At 22 minutes in with nothing offered, I called time of death and went up to the front with my fiancé. I told the host that after 20 minutes of being offered nothing while every other table was serviced, I was extremely disappointed and we were leaving. He doesn't look concerned at all and starts "oh, madam, no?" - what??? The first words out of his mouth should have been "I am so sorry." The restaurant was not full - far from it - and there was ample staff. Not only will I never return here, but I would not recommend the hotel based on this experience. Luckily, my fiancé and I found another lovely restaurant and enjoyed our last night in this beautiful city without giving a dime to this establishment.

2  Thank Jennybee18
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We stayed at the hotel Alfonso for 4 days and on our first night had a reservation for the San Fernando restaurant - the staff were attentive and professional - however the food was woeful. I had pasta with beef ragu that was soggy and bland, my husband had a entrecôte steak that was full of fat and grizzle, we complained and in fairness the manage took it off the bill, while a good response we were disappointed with the food generally at the hotel. We had a cheesecake desert which tasted awful and when speaking to others at the pool, it seemed a common consensus that the food was not great here at all - shame as a wonderful hotel in all other ways.

1  Thank EMS1510