“Orange blossom rain”

Ranked #2,023 of 2,863 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Description: Situated in the glorious Barrio de Santa Cruz, La Albahaca is elegant and historic. A restaurant with a past, La Albahaca���s building dates back to the 1920s, an era when architecture was grand and gorgeous. So expect original features, none of which have been tampered with to create the graceful setting of this dining room. An impressive central courtyard is surrounded by chic little vintage styled dining rooms in which small groups of people enjoy their food under the dim buzz of conversation. The menu, which has a classical French theme, is equally impressive and just as elegant ��� you���ll be reminded of the kind of dishes fairy tale royalty might enjoy.
Reviewed 28 April 2015

The Calles in the old city were chock-a-block with visitors for Holy Week & the Penitent processions & we wanted a peaceful place to go for lunch.... here we found just that!! Their outside plaza is under the orange trees which were in full & magnificently scented bloom.... raining blossoms on us as we sipped our chilled wine.
The menu was exciting but we settled for simplicity... the obligatory Gaspacho... a well balanced Chicken liver, aragula, apple & walnut salad and a dish of Marinated peppers with sardines.
The piece de resistance... their Butter Orange cake with almond & honey cream..... Sublime!! This is a must do !!

Reviewed 7 February 2015

Just had a meal at this restaurant which was chosen by one of our party from a Time Out review which must have been severely out of date. Went in a party of eight and two of us had to send back our main courses uneaten as they were inedible. My main dish was one of the most extraordinarily repellant things I have ever been served and 24 euros. I'm not a fussy eater and enjoy most things. The prices were ridiculous for a very mediocre standard of food even for the dishes that were eaten. There are so many great places to eat in Seville it is disappointing to have wasted not only so much money, but a dining opportunity on this terrible place, Please avoid and spend a fraction of the cost on some lovely tapas in one of the nearby streets.

1  Thank Denise B
Reviewed 13 November 2014

I noticed Albahaca when I went to Los Gallos flamenco tablao. After days of eating tapas and bar food, my meal there was very welcome relief. The weather was cool, so I had a table inside in a lovely little dining room. I had orange marinated chicken, potatoes and veggies .... all very, very good. For dessert I had Tocinillo de Cielo, (Heaven's Little Pig), which is like flan, but lighter and creamier ... made with egg yolks only. Heavenly. In addition to the good food, the service was perfect.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

For my starter I ordered pickled sardines on red pepper salad and I got three fillets draped over a lot of slimy pickled peppers. The oils and brine of both ingredients just didn't gel and there wasn't anything nice to say about this dish. My second plate was lamb cutlets and I nearly cried when I saw how these morsels had been destroyed. Overcooked, wafer thin, dried out. Set on a plate with a garnish of fried potatoes and a sort of ratatouille, these were the 'highs' I of a pretty 'low' meal given it's supposed to be one of Sevilla's top 10 restaurants. I was ignored once the Flamenco show next door finished and some of the patrons sat down to eat, but they didn't forget to add €1.40 for a dry bread roll to the already high bill. Certainly was not value for money.

2  Thank Brianna H
Reviewed 3 October 2014

La Albahaca is situated on the corner of a leafy small square on the edge of the Jewish Quarter in Serville. Lovely place to eat outdoors. Generous portions of well-prepared food - one dish easily serves two people! We had venison, pickled sardines on roasted peppers and hake - all good. Would certainly eat here again.