“Sevilla hospitality at its very best”
Review of Corral del Agua

Corral del Agua
Ranked #355 of 2,803 Restaurants in Seville
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Inside out this place is amazing! First of all the location right across the alley facing the Alcazar walls in a charming pedestrian path street that dates back to the first universal exhibition (before that it used to be just the water surrounding the Remparts), it hosts a charming patio as well as a 17 century remarkable house in the former Jewish district of Santa Cruz. Yet contrary to most places which enjoy such a gorgeous setting, this restaurant also offers a cuisine that reflects its very location. I went there twice, once with a friend to check the place and once with a group of students who were truly amazed and under the charm of these beautiful premises ... and awesome food. Don't miss the pastilla de pollo. Even in Morocco I don't think I enjoyed such a great one! They also offer an Almond and raisins soup which is not to be missed and on another occasion I had the sepia squid balls with black ink which were out of this world! Fish is very good too! Prices are a bit high but worth every cent (and if told ahead of time, can make a commercial effort to accommodate group budgets!).

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here in beautiful open air surroundings. We both chose the swordfish. Deserts were lovely Recommend

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Nice tapas and sangria !! Cute ambience! Has a small store with art and jewelry inside as well.. good place to find small presents :-) very helpful host!

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

The local is quite pleasant, quiet and cool just a few feet away from the many tourists roaming the small lanes of Sevilla. The food is good, but not great and rather on the expensive side; the portions are just fine.

We paid 73€ for two: 2 entrées, 2 mains, 2 glasses of wine, 1 dessert, 1 coffee and 1 medium bottle of water. In our view the quality of the food did not warrant 73€. However the setting is very nice, the atmosphere really peaceful and the service fine, if a bit hurried. It does add value to the meal.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Tucked away behind the walls of Jardines Alcazares, this hidden gem boasts one of the most charming places to enjoy a meal in all of Sevilla. One of two places we enjoyed twice (a rarity for us when we travel), the outdoor courtyard was romantic and lovely and the staff immensely helpful and kind. The rain on our second visit forced us inside, but the atmosphere was still perfect. The food is good but not spectacular--hence 4 instead of 5 stars--but the ambience and staff more than makes up for it. The Andalucian wine recommendations were excellent.

The first night we shared the paella which was the daily special. It was quite tasty, though not spectacular. The second night I had the Chicken Pastela and my wife had the Squid Meatballs in Ink. We were pleased with both. The pastela was in a distinctly sweet Arabesque sauce, which might not be to everyone's taste (my wife does not like sweet meat dishes). The meatballs were tasty but the "shellfishy" taste was quite strong. For dessert we enjoyed the Arroz con Leche (rice pudding) which was the dessert specialty of the house. It was delicious and well done. My wife ordered it again on the next occasion. Being a big connoisseur of flan, I ordered, what sounded a lot like flan, the Tocino de Cielo. The waiter confirmed it was similar to flan. Not similar enough, I'm afraid, as it was more gelatinous than custardy. It may be exactly as it is supposed to be, but I was very disappointed.

What the restaurant lacks culinarily (which is really minor), it more than makes up for in atmosphere and service. Despite 4 stars, I give it a 5-star recommendation.