“Left with mixed feelings...”

Barcelo Sevilla Renacimiento
Ranked #20 of 177 Hotels in Seville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I booked directly through Barceló and joined their rewards club. My intention was to visit Isla Magica, being that this is the closest Hotel to the Park.

I stayed for four nights and paid separately for parking.

When I got there and parked I couldn't find the elevator so had to climb stairs with all the luggage.

When it was - finally - my turn to check in staff was not specially friendly, I particularly disliked the fact that I was asking for clarifications regarding the 5% voucher offered on direct bookings and the answer I got was "I will first explain other things and will get to that part later". 2 minutes later I had to ask the same thing again...

When I got to my room it felt smalish and felt a bit cheated regarding the doors to the outside seen in pictures, as it seemed they led to a balcony when they lead nowhere. Was given a room on the first floor with no view at all. It made me wonder if booking directly had any relevant advantage other than the 5% voucher.

Parking is overly expensive at 15 euros per night. Breakfast is 18 euros and there are no alternatives nearby other than Isla Magica (where food is cheaper by the way).... Pools are very attractive but open only at 11 am, the same exact time the Park Isla Magica opens.

The Hotel is far from the center of Sevilla. Distance is walkable up to a certain point if it isn't overly hot, but we returned by taxi (8 euros/ 4 km).

As very positive notes: they have a lot of free activities for children my daughter loved - revolving around the pirates theme - and a train that takes guests to the Parks entrance at selected times of day.

Wifi is brilliant.

The price of the stay per night, excluding breakfast and parking is very good - about 80 euros per night.

I would return, being that this is the best option to go to Isla Magica, but with lower expectations.

Stayed: August 2017

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Prefer newspaper in english, but by reading all in spanish it was good for improving our spanish language. We look forward to our next visit to enjoy the beautiful area and hospitality of the local people.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
BarceloRenacimiento, General Manager at Barcelo Sevilla Renacimiento, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest
I would like to thank you for the lovely review you shared following your recent visit to our Barceló hotel. I’m happy to read that we were able to match your holiday expectations and you would like to come back.
Thank you again for this heartwarming review of your stay with us, we look forward to serve you in your next visit.

Miguel Estévez,
General Manager.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Arrived after a drive across Spain from near Granada, easy to park and access the hotel. The check in process was our only negative really, 10 minute wait to be seen then a drawn out 15 minute check in procedure, not what you want after a long drive. Once checked in though all was good, lovely room with massive bed and top quality sheets etc. Concierge very helpful and informative. About a 6 euro taxi ride into the main town and taxis always on hand. The pool area was really nice, pool a bit cold though at 26 degrees given how hot it was outside! All in all very nice.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kingston,
Firstly I would like to thank you for the lovely review you shared following your recent visit to our Barceló hotel. Iam happy to read that we were able to match your holiday expectations.
First of all sorry about the time you were waiting for your check in, for us is very important to know about it, because, despite the fact this is not usual, we always take these opinions to continue improving your service.
On the other side it’s very grateful to know you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and the pool area. It’s fantastic to hear as well that you had a good attention from the concierge.
Thank you again for this heartwarming review of your stay with us, we look forward to your next visit.

Miguel Estévez,
General Manager.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This hotel is affiliated to the Isla Magica theme park next door. We stayed here with our two kids 11 & 9. The hotel has a lot of children staying here- not a problem for us but may be for others. We booked a family room with parking. The room was fine in terms of quality and amenities but was in essence a large hotel room with a sofa bed. Air conditioning worked well. Design of the hotel is cool in that it's three large circular buildings with huge spaces in the middle. One is used as the restaurant ,one has a fountain and the one we were in by the pools had a sort of pirate theme .

There were two pools plus a toddler area . The facility was well laid out and pools of sufficient size to cope with demand so didn't feel too overcrowded despite the size of the hotel.

Location is a bit out of town -,7euros for a cab into town seemed ok and we made use of this with a cab rank outside hotel. Also if visiting Isla Magica-as we did - there is a motorised train to take you there. Isla Magica ok once you start learning to smile at the number of bizarre inane rules they have. Genuinely not a bad experience.

Issues - there is a kids club - which is fine but not sure having twenty kids running about on the pirate area outside rooms at 11.15pm is great for anyone attempting to relax or sleep. Also prices in hotel are on the dear side- we had breakfast at 18 euros (9 for kids) and frankly it was disappointing for what you paid. Buffet was ok it had a reasonable selection of fruit, cereals and cold meats / cheese but in terms of hot food was very basic and quality average. Have paid a lot less and got a better meal. Also offering gummy sweets to kids at breakfast was not something I approved of too much. We. ate one night in the bar and again whilst sandwiches adequate not value at all ,G & T was expensive I think about 11 euros. So what could be a really good hotel clearly goes in for compromising the fair room price with expensive charges in the hotel itself as there is no other option near by.

Overall though it felt reasonable in quality and was pretty well,run.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
BarceloRenacimiento, General Manager at Barcelo Sevilla Renacimiento, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent holiday experience among us, our main goal is to ensure we keep on delivering unforgettable holiday experiences to our guests, your comments are crucial in this process therefore we highly value your time and constructive critics

First of all I’m glad to know that you liked our hotel design, and our pools. We have recently renovated our main points to make them more comfortable for you.
It’s fantastic that you enjoyed also the thematic park Isla Magica.
On the other side, I’m so sorry to hear about your disappointment with the prices of the restaurants. We do our utmost to ensure that our guests can enjoy an enriching expérience offering at the breakfast more than 150 products. At Barceló we know that meals are an important aspect of our guests' overall holiday expérience therefore we will make sure to take your comments into account to improve in this aspect of our services.
Once more I thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and very much look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Miguel Estevez,
Director

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Allocated room straight above reconstruction. Unbelievable how they could operate these rooms while reconstruction was going on. They should not offer those in this circumstances. But obviously as in many other cases I have confirmed, this is what many hotels do to customers that book over booking.com, offer the worst rooms.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
BarceloRenacimiento, General Manager at Barcelo Sevilla Renacimiento, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Jose,

Our guests' comments provide us with an opportunity to see our hotel through their eyes giving us insight into any service that may have room for improvement to enhance our future guests' stay among us, therefore we are grateful for the time you spent to share a review of your personal experience in the hotel.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused due to the maintenance tasks taking place in the hotel. We are improving our facilities to keep improving our services and offer to our guests an unforgettable experience in Sevilla.

However, I regret to read your comments about the room allocation. Allow me to inform you that If we do not have any preference from our guests, our recepcion team allocates randomly the rooms to do not do any positive discrimination, always respecting the room category. We would have appreciated to receive this information during your stay to take actions and arrange a room move.

Thank you again for making us your choice hotel on this occasion, we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Kind regards,