“Wow what a bed 😄”

Monte Carmelo Hotel
Ranked #10 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Clean and comfy, friendly staff. Close to shops, cafes and bars. Close to all attractions.
I don't sleep too well when away from
Home due to different types of beds and mattresses. However this bed was the comfiest ever. Better than a good night sleep brand back in Blighty. Not only comfy but huge as well. Well done Carmelo, bien hecho

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Armando_Bayoll, Hoteles Monte Director de Explotación at Monte Carmelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing your holidays at Hotel Monte Carmelo and thank you for posting these kind comments.
We are truly happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have the rest you deserve. Our main goal is to offer our clients the best comfort .
Thank you also for mentioning our staff, they work 24 hours to make the stay of our clients easier.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 29 August 2017

My friends and I stayed here in August 2017 and we loved the staff and the rooms here. We really enjoyed our stay and felt that this was one of the best hotels we stayed at. However, it should be noted that it was a 20-30 minute walk to the tourist attractions of Seville. In the heat, this was a bit difficult, but it was a pleasant walk when the sun went down and I'm sure throughout most of the year.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Armando_Bayoll, Hoteles Monte Director de Explotación at Monte Carmelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Ariella:

Thank you for booking with us and for posting your nice comments on this traveler site.
We are sincerely happy you have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you as well for mentioning our staff since our main goal will always getting the satisfaction of our clients.
During the summer is much better to visit the center early in the morning or after 19:00h.
We are a 15 minutes walking distance from the Avda de Constitución, where the cathedral is located, and 10 minutes from Parque de María Luisa, our ubiety makes us very well located to visit all the touristic areas.

We hope seeing you soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We stayed here for about a week, and we couldn't have picked a better hotel. The room was spacious and quiet. The staff was so helpful and friendly. They happily obliged us with power adapters, late night bar service and local recommendations. We liked the residential location on the quieter side of the city. It was still an easy, beautiful walk across the river to the sites.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BriMN2017
Armando_Bayoll, Hoteles Monte Director de Explotación at Monte Carmelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Guest:

We thank you for sharing your experience on this traveler web site. It's very important that you had such a good time with us and that our Hotel has helped to create more good memories.
Thank you for noticing the good service of our staff. We will always look after our clients in order for them to enjoy their time in the most special way.

Thank you so much for choosing us and we hope having you soon again.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We booked two rooms for 3 nights. My son had just finished an abroad program in Sevilla and we had wanted to book two rooms. The price of the rooms at this hotel allowed us to do that. The staff is great and the hotel is very modern and clean. The breakfast was good and we were within a 20 min walk of everywhere we needed to go. It was very hot the 3 days we were there. My son's room air was very cool and perfect, our room however never got cold enough to really cool us off, I think it was just an issue with our room and we should have changed rooms. I did mention it after the first night and they said they would check it but when it did not improve the next day we should have just asked for another room but it just was not worth the effort to pack everything up. I am sure the hotel would have accommodated us.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest:
I would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holidays in Sevilla. I also thank you for taking your time for posting your kind comments on this traveler web site.
Our staff is trained to be at your disposal and try to be a step ahead, I am sure there was a we would love to know your comments during your stay to solve them, since we could change your room and the luggage for you.
It has been a great pleasure having you with us and we would love to have you all again to improve your memories from your trip to Spain.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon, thank you very much for your confidence in us.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

O.K. this is a little post-dated, as I left Seville (my second home) yesterday. I would have stayed longer, if I were not trying to get a "flavor" of a few other cities.

This review might have a slight bias as Sevilla is one of, if not my favorite cities. I was fortunate to live and study here some 35 years ago (that is almost difficult to say). Before arriving, the driving journey from Madrid was not as bad as trying to find the TRYP hotel in Madrid from the Madrid airport.

As related in that previous review on Madrid, my bicycle-influenced GPS map gave me problems in Sevilla as well. However, I asked a woman working at a gas station and she provided spot-on directions towards Hotel Monte Carmelo.

Once I got near Hotel Monte Carmelo, it again proved wise to ask someone because you may run into some confusion. The signs for the hotel helped, but not 100%. The hotel is not actually located on Calle Monte Carmelo. And, the many one-way streets near the hotel add to the challenge. But, if you look at it this way, you would have no easier time trying to find a hotel in downtown New York, Boston or most major cities in the U.S.

Once I arrived at the hotel, parking the car was, shall I say, VERY interesting. The car park was on a significant incline with a very noticeable curve. It reminded me of being on a very short roller coaster. The good thing was that the incline was coated with a rubber padding similar to what is used in some restaurants to prevent slips and falls. This did increase my confidence and proved very helpful on the just as equally VERY interesting exit. (FYI... I was in Sevilla for 3 days and did not move the car again until I left. Thank goodness I didn't have to (everything is so close)!...

Don't let my arrival nor parking experience shy you away from considering a stay at Hotel Monte Carmelo. There are authentic places to eat, as well as a Burger King if you are so inclined, just minutes away. Also, there is a SuperSol supermarket perhaps 3 minutes away from the hotel entrance on 'Calle de la Asunción'. (The prices at SuperSol are really inexpensive. And, 'Calle de la Asunción' is a good spot to get refuge from the summer sun and heat of Sevilla, as well as a good spot to people watch.)

Hotel Montecarmelo is located in the barrio of Los Remedios. Los Remedios is adjacent to Triana, the barrio that I lived in when I studied at the University of Seville. A 5 minute or so walk, will put you on the outskirts of Triana and in another good area to eat or grocery shop.

Hotel Monte Carmelo is also less than a 10 minute walk, including across the Río Guadalquivir, to 'El Toro de Oro', one of Sevilla's/Spain's most historic monuments. Near 'El Toro del Oro, you can also sign-up for the 'Hop On - Hop Off' city sight-seeing tour buses. The tour buses have an unshielded upper deck as well as an air conditioned lower deck. Although I am very familiar with most of Sevilla, it was well worth the €20. And, you can ride the bus all day for 2 days because the pass is good for 24 hours!

The staff at Hotel Monte Carmelo were super-friendly and accommodating, especially the young lady who works early morning. She took the time and gave me hand-written directions towards Málaga as well as a print out. Also, the young man who seemed to be there the majority of the day was notable. He was very friendly and gave me several tips on "where to find what" in the area. (I apologize. I didn't get/remember either of their names.)

The room at the Monte Carmelo was not very large, but was updated and more than adequate for me. It kind of had the appeal of a loft. The TV was of good/newer quality. The bathroom and shower were nice and the bed was comfortable. An electrical outlet was "attached" to bed and immediately next to the light, which was very convenient. There was a blanket in the closet as well as a safe, if you feel you need it. Also, there was a mini-fridge, which was great to use for some of my purchases from SuperSol!... (Out of security concerns, a previous reviewer lamented the fact of needing to introduce your key card in a receptacle inside the room in order to activate electrical power within the room. Personally, I like the "green-ness" of this concept.)

All-in-all, I would highly recommend booking your stay in Sevilla at Hotel Monte Carmelo.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Jimmie W

Dear Guest

We appreciate you have taken your time to write your complete review on this traveler web site, thank you for comment your memories. We are truly happy you have enjoyed your time with us and that the room was comfortable. Our quiet location, in a residential area, makes it very nice for a stroll to the center of the city and the main touristic areas since on your way, and as you have remarked, there are many cafes, restaurants and a great ambient to enjoy. We are also glad you had the help you needed from our staff, who are always willing to help to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Thank you again for choosing our Hotel and we are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards