All reviews airport hotel an early morning flight quick one night stay minute taxi business traveler city centre very nice hotel yogurt short stay gym minibar shampoo convenience
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Visited for one night on New Year's Eve. The rooms and hotel were immaculate and kept to a very high standard. The food was OK- but nothing special. The breakfast was good. The location is ok as its only 10 minutes or so from the centre of Seville of which is beautiful.
Overall, it was very good!

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2016

There is something serious wrong at this hotel. I think the property was probably bought to be renovated or further developed or something else. But they never completed the job and it is not a place I would ever recommend anyone ever come to.

I am a Marriott Gold Elite Rewards member and I actually booked this hotel because I had hoped that our last night in Spain would be a restful one for an early trip to the Airport. What a mistake.

When we arrived at the hotel, there was only one person at the reception desk. It was understaffed. The phone was ringing but he was not answering it because of the line of people he had to attend to, including us. The downstairs lobby looks decent enough, but when I walked back into the eating area, there were dishes from the breakfast before that were still on the tables. Old milk was sitting out, cereal bins partially full, plates with unfinished food. It was disgusting and weird. The lights were also sort of half down, as if they were trying to save money. It was really sort of weird.

Other issues:

1. The rooms were too hot and not possible to control the temperature and we had to open the windows to the noisy highway outside. The hallway was hotter than the room! We had to leave the window open and put in earplugs to sleep that evening.

2. It is "in the middle of nowhere". Seriously. There is no opportunity to find anything to eat anywhere close by or do anything else for that matter. We had a car, but even with the car, it would have been a long drive to go anywhere. We were so tired we decided not to go out and leave the hotel and just eat little snacks we had with us because it was too far of a drive to go anywhere.

3. The food at the hotel is ridiculously expensive. They had a "dinner menu" which was the same menu as the InRoom menu. A E20.00 omelette, etc. Not our cup of tea.

4. TV. Not that we cared too much, but the transponder would lose the signal fairly frequently and programming would be interrupted. I'm not saying that we go to hotels to watch TV, but this is a basic service that should be well maintained at a hotel.

5. Key would lose its magnetic code too easily. Didn't keep it near anything that would demagnetize and it would still fail. It was a real pain as we would go between the rooms we had between us.

6. We tried calling the main desk multiple times and never got a response. Never. It would ring and ring and ring.

7. The exercise area is 4 treadmills and some weights. There might have been a bicycle as well. It was a small room on the lower level. It was next to a "spa" that had to be turned on from the main desk at least 15 minutes before one was interested in using it. The wet heat room did not appear to be well maintained.

All in all, this was just a terrible disappointment. It is my intention to contact Marriott directly and report all of this - the disgusting eating area, the poor control of the HVAC, the lack of adequate staff, the poor responsiveness at the front desk.

Room Tip: Do not come to this hotel in its present form
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank sojourner999
Ramon T, General Manager at AC Hotel Sevilla Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Dear client,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.
I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.
I was disappointed to hear about your experience in our breakfast/dining area. Your valued feedback highlighted a number of areas for improvement that I have since shared with the Maintenance technician and Restaurant Manager, who join me in offering their apologies for their team’s shortcomings.
We have also received your feedback through our Marriott customer service and we will answer shortly.
We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Ramon Troyano
Hotel AC Sevilla Forum
direc.acsevillaforum@ac-hotels.com
+34954260690

Reviewed 15 December 2015

We meet once a year for a weekend and dinner. This year we had chosen Sevilla and booked rooms at this hotel.
Nice Hotel, great staff and very friendly. Breakfast was sufficient and with good selection. Our rooms were very clean. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 6 November 2015

We were returning from a lovely stay in Cadiz, despite variable weather, and were booked on 8am return flight from Seville airport. So I looked for a stay at or near the airport, and chose the Marriott Forum, as we have stayed at Marriott’s before and I couldn’t find anything similar any nearer. It is (according to Google) 7.7km (less than 5 miles) and 12 mins away, which sounds like a reasonable taxi journey (but just hold on for a second, we were charged 29 euros by the taxi that the hotel called for us - that’s over 4 gbp or 6 usd per mile!).
We checked in late afternoon, dodging the bucket in the entrance as the rain was leaking in, but could not get a drink or snack because the restaurant and bar didn’t open until 8 or 8:30pm, which is quite usual in Spain but surely not for International hotels, you would have thought. The room was stiflingly hot for us (25degC) and had a faintly stale drain smell. We opened the window but this let in more traffic noise than fresh air. The booking stated the rooms had aircon, so I went to the reception desk to see if the air conditioning could be switched on or if we might be better in a different room. I was told no. The cooling was off throughout and just a fan moving the airflow so all of the rooms would be the same. So the choice was to sleep with stifling atmosphere or with open window and traffic noise. We opted for noise so had interrupted sleep throughout. Happily we were leaving early, so I requested a taxi for 6am. The rate included breakfast but breakfast wasn’t served until 7am, even though it seemed quite a few people, like us, were headed out early. We were offered a packed picnic breakfast, which was adequate.
I had requested a taxi and it did turn up almost on time, but as already stated the driver insisted on a 29 euro fare - more than we had paid Renfe for the train fare from Cadiz to Seville (>120km). This is primarily not the fault of the hotel, but the receptionist hadn’t warned that we might be ripped off in this way by their chosen taxi firm. In retrospect we could have enjoyed a stay for less in the centre of Seville, near the station and the old town, and got the frequent airport bus from the station for a couple of Euros. Lesson learned - no more Spanish taxis unless completely desperate!

Room Tip: else get a room away from the highway noise and open the window. Or choose a hotel in the centre of town.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Ramon T, Manager at AC Hotel Sevilla Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Good morning,

I’m writting you to apologize us for the inconvenience happened in your room during you stay in this hotel.We have shared your claim with the crew, so we have contacted with you for reporting that this success won’t happen again in your future’s stay.

If you need anything, you can contact with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2015

Chosen by a colleague, I took a taxi from the Airport, the hotel was a surprising oasis, very tranquil, rooms were a real treat when you are used to Ibis or Novotels, roomy, very well appointed and equipped, Restaurant was perfect for both breakfast and supper and the staff were lovely

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business