Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 29/10/21
Exe HotelsUS$106
Agoda.comUS$105
Expedia.comUS$95
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

It's been 4 years since I last stayed Hotel El Magistral. My travel group was about 50 members all staying at El Magistral for a minimum of 6 nights during the San Mateo Festival. I stayed 8 nights since I planned on being based in Oviedo while visiting nearby towns.

Exe Hotel El Magistral is centrally located for all the festival activities and for walking around Oviedo.

Having stayed in a room fronting the street on my last visit, I asked for a room in the back of the hotel. The room was overlooking a rooftop but I wasn't staying at the El Magistral for a room with a view. The room was clean, air conditioning worked great, WiFi was always available in the room but the bed was too soft and uncomfortable. It appears as though there hasn't been any room remodeling in the last 4 years.

I'd heard the complaints about the breakfast at El Magistral, so I suggest breakfast at 2 nearby cafes. One cafe is next door & the other at the corner, both quick and inexpensive for a light breakfast.

The major improvement during my most recent stay was the hotel staff. Everyone that I encountered from front desk staff to housekeeping was pleasant, courteous and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We booked a room adapted to the disabled. We got a seperate sitting room, a bedroom with wide beds, and a bathroom with walk-in shower. Very nice and clean. Receptionists friendly and helpful. Breakfast good and wide choice of dishes.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Had a lovely comfortable room, quiet despite overlooking the street, and slept really well. The bathroom was clean and well appointed. No tea making obviously, but small fridge in room. Very nice staff and the hotel is close to the centre of town. The downside was the breakfast for me - I didn't get down that late, but twice there was little left on the buffet - one or two yoghurts, no croissants, just cheese and bread and some slightly suspect sausages. The hot water boiler dispensed a miserable drip of water which took five minutes to fill a mug, and the coffee machine had run out of water one morning - this could drive some people into a rage. Must try harder.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I used this hotel for a business trip 2 years ago and on the basis of a good experience then recently returned. Mistake. Obviously the location has not changed but this time I found the minibar announced by the hotel was nothing more than a metal box with a lightbulb and warm, overpriced drinks. The first report to the desk clerk was met with "People complain all the time, we tell management, nothing happens". Subsequent comments received variations of the same response. Unfortunately my employer paid for a week in advance so I have no recourse. Not to mention the room decor draws on Spain's penal system and this time the bed is lumpy. There are plenty of hotels in central Oviedo, look elsewhere.

Room tip: find a different hotel This is a 2-star hotel trading on its past to claim a 3-star rating
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Excellent location and value for money. Very close to the "cider row" of restaurants. Good size room and excellent service all round. The room looked over a school, so there was some noise during the day, but quiet enough in the evening.

Date of stay: June 2017