“Great Brunch spot”

Ranked #41 of 1,156 Restaurants in Bilbao
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Incredible salads, prepared pintxos. Healthy food without sacrificing delicious flavors.
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Like many others we need a spot to eat before heading into the Guggenheim and on a rainy Sunday morning (does not open until 10:30) it fit the bill.

We opted for the brunch which offered several eggs on bagels Benedict style. Both the guacamole bagel and the mushroom & bacon option were tasty. We opted for the double, or both haves, which was very filling. With nice big cups of cafe con leche the bill was under 20 euro.

They also offer for 12 euro, any bagel plate, a glass of fresh squeezed OJ, cafe and a dessert--a super deal if you can eat that much.

Very pleasant service. Waiter used English to help us get our order right and over all a great experience.

Very busy with tourists and locals; what's not to like here?

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a mid morning coffee after visiting the museum and were not disappointed. My friend said that the coffee was the best that she had tasted in Spain as it was like the ones she was used to in the USA. I enjoyed a fresh chocolate croissant and she enjoyed a ham and cheese bocadillo. With my broken Spanish and their limited English we managed to order without any problems. This place has a young, hip feel about and I just loved the reggaeton music that was playing. I can highly recommend this place for coffee and brunch as the quality was there and we felt most welcome.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We ate lunch here 2 years ago and were very impressed. So on our visit to Bilbao this year we decided to go back, this time we sampled the 'brunch' menu. I had a salmon and cream cheese bagel with a poached egg and salad. It was delicous! The location is great, it is almost facing the guggenheim. Great value for money too, the portions were just perfect!

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I would not return. My husband and I entered around 1ish, early for lunch in Spain. The place was pretty empty at that time. We were immediately asked if we had a reservation. I thought that was a little strange, since the restaurant is not fancy and I didn't think I would need to make a reservation for it, but apparently this is normal in Spain and I figured the place would soon fill up. We did not have a reservation and the guy told us that the only table he had was the little one by the door. How bad could it be, I figured. So we took the little table by the door. Huge mistake. Every time the door opened, which turned out to be every few minutes, I got a big draft of cold wind blowing on me and my food. I am normally very easy going but this was not fun. Since my husband was suspicious as to why we were told there were no seat other than the one by the door I kept attention to people coming in to see if they were handled the same way, and I did hear some people turned away because of "no reservation" but one group managed to get a table apparently without a reservation if they agreed to eat quickly.
As far as the food goes ... we had the menu of the day. Fair price given that it is right across the street from the Bilbao The first plate/appetizer was actually very good. We each chose a different first plate and both were delicious. Excellent, in fact. The second plates, however, were mediocre. I had the pork and it was only ok. My husband had the fish and it was way too full of bones. I know some people are more used to fish with a lot of bones than we are, but it made it very difficult to eat. I had the rainbow cake for dessert and it was fun in appearance, but a little dry. The coffee was delicious.
All in all, I would not return. But if I did return I would definitely not sit in the seat by the door. Frankly, they shouldn't have a table there in the first place. Because what ends up happening is what happened to us ... they offer you the table, you willingly accept it knowing it is by the door but you think it can't be that bad, and then it is that bad.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

One of the best place to have a weekend menu for around 16€ each. Don't miss their curry home lasagna it's very tasty! about the others plates their have always been good I have try the duck, the rice, the chicken even salmon and it's all well cooked and nice. The staff are really kind and the restaurant beautiful.

The only bad thing will be that there is no to much space between tables and there is only two types of red wines to choose.