“Fabulous Italian food”
Review of Raviolina

Raviolina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurante italiano en el corazon de la parte vieja Donostiarra, especializado en comida y italiana con la fusion de comida vasca. Ademas dispone de cafeteria y heladeria. Dos ambientes.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Good place to eat inside in busy old part of San Sebastian where everyone seems to be standing outside drinking and eating. Staff are wonderful, quick, responsive, and so cheery. Food is fantastic, especially the pizzas and tiramisu and salads. Great atmosphere here too, good for families, couples, friends. Completely recommend.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My husband had decided that he wanted to eat pizza for a later lunch. He was very specific that he wanted pizza at the time, as he had had all the seafood he could take. When we arrived to the restaurant, they were between meals. There was only gelato offerings at the time, and our friends had just finished eating pizza. I needed something so I order a gelato for the time being. My husband was very hungry and wanted food. Even though the kitchen was essentially closed until dinner, he asked a couple waiters if he could order food. The first guy explained that the kitchen was closed until dinner and his English was not good at all, so he called over another waitress who explained that they have no menu until dinner. My husband was hungry and didn’t want to search for food again, so he asked if anything could be cooked. The waitress had the owner come over. My husband explained again that he was very hungry and wanted to know if they could cook anything. The owner was very nice, and very, very accommodating (far beyond anything I would expect). She explained that they have another restaurant, but it is not Italian but rather general food. She said she would let us order from the other restaurant here and make some kind of arrangements. She brought us a menu and my husband was over the moon when he saw chicken wings in the menu. He had spent the entire week eating seafood, so he couldn’t stomach the thought of fish again. We ordered and it turned out that they were able to prepare what we order from the other restaurant’s menu onsite. Lasagna had been prepped in the morning and only needed to be baked so we really lucked out. In no time, they brought out the wings, which my husband totally enjoyed after having fish over and over. With the lasagna we had a choice of having it right away or a little later. I was so very impressed by the service provided to us foreigners, that I immediately decided to write a review. Five stars all the way for the service!!!

1  Thank FlyGirl1996
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I write this in English for it is easier to understand for a larger group. We have been there last week because of some positive comments and I really have to say that we´ve regretted it. We had at first Carpacio de V. Tonnato which was really a joke for 11,95 €; 5 small slices with the very little sauce, not suitable for each other. I got from the table behind us (who read my dissapointment in my eyes) a spicy olive oil and so it was better. We got no bread to the Carpacio we had to order that separately for 2,60 €. Then we had a Pizza Bonita and a Pizza O sole mio. Both tasted like nothing, but again the spicy olive oil from the adjacent table saved us. So we had the feeling of having eaten bread and oil. The only positive point was that we had a waiter who spoke English, but later he was busy with other guests and we had a different waiter. During the time we sat there different people constantly came in the restaurant and went behind the counter and threw things away (at that time there was no terrace). The atmosphere was very restless!
The quality and the taste of the food are not acceptable for that prices and even there is no entire enjoyment factor, in our opinion! We consider that we speak about San Sebastian where one restaurant tries to be better that the other one!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Popped in here as we fancied an alternative to Pintxos. Had the bread to start and a pizza to share, which was good enough for two people. Overall food quality was good (although we felt the pizza was a bit light on the toppings), and service quick. Would recommend if you need a break from Pintxos!

1  Thank TheMaskedMarauder
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The hostess who helped us today was the single greatest hostess i have ever dealt with.

Had a bottle of red vino sangria, pizza, pasta and a calzone. Then friends came and unfortunately the kitchen closed. She proceeded to help them and get them food from another restaurant.

Blown away by her and her servers, place is by far the best food I’ve had in 7 days.

1  Thank Robbytejas1