“dont give a dam about any customers”

Aparthotel Tropical
Ranked #74 of 82 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Reviewed 26 July 2016

the room small window no balcony absulote terrible place never bother with reviews but this time av to remark on lack of things there lift broke down so couldn't walk down steps with my false knee very dated place ni air con no fan couldn't close window it got to hot and 4 bars under it with very loud music till 1 30 very small bath coulnt get in was to high when I did very slippery no bars on wall to hold onto very dangerouse if you noy very fit

Room Tip: isn't anything good about it
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sandyles-13

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Room was fine although had to ask for clean towels a few times. They advertise your able to keep your room for a late checkout, they were overbooked when we were there . We received a room on last day for a shower with no electricity so had to shower in the dark !

The hotel advertises to meet dietary requirements, on asking for glutton free food no one understood due to very poor understanding of English . I therefor had to eat out .
The food on offer is repetitive but ok.

Entertainment was dreadful, its content was sexualised, glamorised domestic abuse defo not what children should be subjected to and on a good night unbelievably boring

The staff have poor understanding of English language , French appears to be language of choice.

To get a subbed you need to be up at 7.30 and prepared to fight to get one , its chaos and very unfair on the elderly or maybe single parents who can't get to them. Securing an umbrella is an achievemt !

The bar staff are not friendly at all, no attempt to make conversation at all and only give you 2 drinks at a time after standing in a very long queue meaning you need to queue twice if more than 2of you there.

Other guests staying in ground floor rooms reported Cockroaches and ants.

Room Tip: Cockroaches on ground floors
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank paulineg00dall
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed here in June for a week it was very clean the food was varied but nice and fresh.
Think we had a decent room 407 with a massive balcony overlooking the plaza. Music at pub directly below was good from 10 pm til 12 am! The staff were great all very friendly and helpful.
Not much for kids but all in all a good holiday would definately go back!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Tina J
Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one week. You shouldn't expect 5* hotel because clearly this is not one. But all in all I think it's good hotel right in the middle of everything. We were very pleased about the location.
It can be a bit noisy at nights if you have your balcony facing the Plaza del Charco but we weren't bothered. Room was clean, pool area at the roof was nice, don't know much about kitchen utilities because we didn't cook anything at the hotel.
At first the entrance was a bit confusing beacause it is located on the other side of the building and the hotel signs. And on the other side of the building there is hotel Park Plazas entrance and that is actually the entrance for Tropical as well. But when you get that straight it shouldn't be too hard to find there.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank 178hennav
Qmanagerservice, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Dear Customer

We are delighted that your experience has been satisfactory. We note your comments to continue our improvement process.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Paid half board but ate out. I thought food was either cold and uncooked or left shrivelled and wasted because I tried various different timetables in vain. Taking a shower was a nightmare because of a fixed soap dispenser on the wall at head height ofmyself and I kept hitting my head on it also if the water pressure got interrupted the temperature shot up and down and I burnt myself a few times. I booked early morning call but luckily I set my own alarm clock cos when I asked why they didn't phone my room, they said they knocked my door and I didn't answer. I said in this hotel there is so much knocks and banging how do I know it's my door and what's the phone in the room there for I ask? I also missed my return transfer home as they failed to get the fax for me the day before. Over all ignorant and unhelpful and a hotel to be avoided.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank cjinks2014
Qmanagerservice, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Dear Customer
We regret that your experience has not been satisfactory. We note your comments to investigate what happened.

Yours faithfully