“The whole family was working there. And what a great staff.. Wonderful.”
Review of Bambi Gourmet

Bambi Gourmet
Price range: US$17 - US$46
Cuisines: Spanish, Romanian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BAMBI Gourmet, inaugurated in 2002 as a family business it is the result of the great illusion and dedication of its owners to promote the romanian culture and gastronomy. Our gastronomic offer is a fusion between romanian and international cuisine and consists in a variety of starters, soups, salads, fish and meat; all of them are prepared with fresh seasonal ingredients and are presented in a creative and original way. If you want to enjoy our original food do not hesitate to visit us!!
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This restaurant is the best in Tenerife..Nice decorated. Clean..! And the food was so good. We were 4 of us and we all got different meal. All dishes was good !

2  Thank Sigurbjörg Þ
Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Visited twice during our nightmare week stay. Weather was awful, cold and wet all week. So Bambi Gourmet was a great retreat for us. The restaurant is lovely, Danny the owner extremely helpful and customer service was exceptional. A wonderful family restaurant. On our second visit I chose to have a rib eye steak. I was taken to a fridge so I could actually pick my own meat which I found to be a new but welcomed addition to the wonderful meal My husband had tuna goulash and neither of us were disappointed. Would happily recommend a visit. See for yourself you won’t be disappointed

2  Thank overthemoonpartyshop
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Another good meal at Bambi.
Excellent lovage and meatball soup and pureed vegetable soup made with carrot, butternut squash and red peppers .....ideal on a really cold night.
Owner Daniel Garau is always introducing something new.....this time it is dry aged joints of beef hanging in a refrigerated cabinet prior to portioning and labelling.
The very well flavoured chargrilled ribeye was perfectly cooked medium and served with tiny sauteed potatoes and a melange of ribbon vegetables.
Wine list is easily the best in Puerto and our usual choice of Rioja Beronia Reserva 2012 ( 23 euros) was full of fruit, well balanced and utterly delicious.
Background music is well chosen light classical / romantic in style and service is well informed and very caring.
How some recent correspondents have made sarcastic and unfairly critical comments on Trip Adviser says more about their own lack of knowledge of good and properly cooked fresh food.
People like that should stick to the many ' cheapo' cafes in Plaza de Charco.
Bambi Gourmet continues, in our view, to be a favourite place to dine.

1  Thank LARGOBAY
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I had the aubergine starter and a dry aged rib eye.
Even though I made a mistake, and ordered it medium-well it tasted great.
( dry aged should never get cooked beyond medium )
Starter, water, a glass of wine and the steak added up to 34 € and was worth every penny. ( or euro cent )
I must add that the steaks are priced based on size and age of the current stock.

2  Thank Lars K
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We had an evening meal here, and we won’t return. Very well-decorated, and the wine was good, but the quality of the food was not up to it. While the starter was nicely presented, the salmon main was a bit dried up and, sorry to say, in my view the “specially spiced meatballs” were simply commercial quarter-pounder hamburger patties.