“Interesting”
Review of La Jamada

La Jamada
Ranked #16 of 441 Restaurants in Burgos
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Description: Right in the centre of Burgos you can find one of the new pearls of Spanish Gastronomy: La Jamada. Antonio Arrabal, runner-up in Spanish "Top Chef" TV series 2013, opened his “travelling cuisine” restaurant where he mixes his traditional Spanish cooking skills with his vision of world famous dishes and recipes he encountered during his extensive travels. Expect Vietnamese style salads, Sardines with Guacamole, Japanese Tatakis, Traditional Morcilla turned into a hamburger and Bellota pork meat, served differently.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We ordered a salad and we all found it a bit weird; on the other hand, the nachos were very tasty and so were all our hamburgers. We also liked the desserts, the tiramisù was delicious and presented in a very original way. I didn't find the restaurant very cozy and people beside us got very loud, which of course is not the staff's fault.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I was attracted to this place for its international cuisine and the very good opinions here. I have to say that I was not impressed at all. It is a nice place with a very good service, but the food was normal. Perhaps good, but not "very good". I had a salad to start with -- the "Ensalada del Txino con Txapela" (the salad of the Chinese guy with a beret). It completely lacked flavor. Coriander, mint, and soya sauce were completely missing. The cuttlefish stripes were well cooked but mostly flavorless. The only part that was slightly savory was the chicken. I am not sure what failed there, but do *not* order this dish.

The "Taco de Chili" was correct, but mild. No spicy, no hot, slightly greasy (but it can be tolerated). So I'd give the Taco a "good" and the salad a "barely pass". The coffe, on the other hand, was delicious. I didn't have a dessert.

Since I only had water to drink, at 21€ was overpriced for the quality, but I recognize the effort. I continue having the impression that there was something wrong with my order: either it had been wrongly prepared or I ordered the two dishes they do not how to do well. I would give them another chance if I return to Burgos, but I am afraid that at the moment I have to report my experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

I went alone on a Tuesday night and the first thing that I heard was: are you booked? This is a restaurant. Come on, lots of empty tables on the place. This woman needs to be more polite. The first impression was terrible. The service on the 1st floor was made by two very amazing waiters and the "Jamburguer" was great, also as the beers that I asked. I recommend but if you got a bad impression as I got, go on and just ask for your table and be happy. It worths.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Had the ramen and lamb burger. Really tasty. Waiter was very helpful and even managed to get ramen for us even though it was off the menu. Wonderful dessert also. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Creative offer in a cool and cozy place. Service is great. Chef is young and creative. Try the Langostinos Crijientes (Crunchy Prawns with mango and curry sauce) Jamburguesa Oriental Macerada (Oriental Burger), the Patatas Bravas del Sr Moreno (spicy potatoes) and Tiramisu La Jamada as dessert (a creative and rich version). A place to return!!!

3  Thank DamarisseM