“Outstanding *****”
Review of Santa Monica - CLOSED

Santa Monica
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stumbled upon this restaurant without any prior research. It was only after our meal that we looked on Tripadvisor out of curiosity. To my surprise the rating is far removed from reality as the restaurant is under new ownership. The food was delicious and by far the best we’ve had on our stay. I had the Steak Entrecôte and she had the Steak Stroganoff. For dessert we had Cheesecake and Chocolate Fondant. I can’t praise the taste or presentation enough. Highly recommend.

The staff were also fabulous.

3  Thank Scott M

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My colleagues and I stopped by this restaurant but we we planned not to eat there because i found that they have horrible comments and low ranking. The owner explained that he took over the restaurant just two weeks ago and the previous comments were not valid anymore. He encouraged us to try it. So we sat down and then we all were completely blowed away by the fantastic food and the food-passionate owner!

4  Thank Weiwei F
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

With all the restaurants in the plaza, we came in because of the outside host Shaquille, was charming. This cozy place is tucked away in the back corner of the and could be missed. Decor was reminiscent of smaller upscale NYC style steak houses. White linens, wine glasses and tea lights welcomed us.

At first we didn't know what to order. Nice selection of starters, great salad choices, and dinner options that included fish, steak, pasta and more.

We chose to split the calamari, which was tender and tasty, and a large portion too.

Most pleasant was the salad with walnuts and goat cheeze and fresh cracked black pepper which was amazing!

Our entree was the rigatoni pasta with light cream, spinach and truffle oil. Very good as well!

During our visit, we discovered our waiter Jason was actually the owner! He was impressive and passionate about his place. He provided a fabulous dessert, similar to chocolate moulted cake that was warm and delicious, with in-house made dulce de leche ice cream.

He made our night by topping off our wine and a taste of a 16 year old scotch. A true, hard working and friendly restauranteur.

Highly recommend giving it a try!

5  Thank Gwendolyn G
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed at the Hotel next to this restaurant and had passed a few times and thought it looked lovely, it was my Husbands birthday and we decided to go for a meal. We were met at the door by Jason, who immediately made us feel very welcome and soon we were seated and felt very comfortable, and new we were in for a good evening...
We wanted to try Tapas for the first time and left it to Jason to order, and we were not disappointed, gorgeous Calamari, Potato Bravas and Iberico Ham all with three different dips, the portions were very generous with a big jug of delicious Sangria. All the food was served on beautiful white plates,on white table covers and with real napkins.
On Jason's advice again we went for Cheescake with Raspberry sauce , fresh Raspberries, and Vanilla Ice Cream, it was as light as a feather and simply delicious.
We finished with liquer with chocolate sauce, yummy.
The ambience,cosy and romantic,the food, Jason and his staff, made our overall experience first class 5*****, and my Husbands birthday was very very special, please give this restaurant a visit you will not be disappointed, one of the best I have been in for years.
We will be back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4  Thank OLIVIA H
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I had dinner here a few nights ago with my wife. I don't normally make comments on tripadvisor but I have to say something about this restaurant Santa Monica. It was very busy when we walked in but straight away the manager found me a table. Even though it was reserved. Straight away we felt at home even though they were very busy. We ordered a scallop salad starter that was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked, with a recommended wine (sorry I forgot the name) but it was delicious. And for our main we had the salmon fillet and seafood paella. both wonderful and for dessert we had a cheesecake. At the end after all this excellent service. The manager Invited is for two shots of a blackcurrant liquor with chocolate.. And with a sincere goodbye (he even showed us out) our night in Barcelona was very special. Please more service and restaurants like this.

3  Thank Adam F