“Sagrada Familia pitstop ”
Review of Casa Angela

Casa Angela
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Casa Angela is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,559 of 10,488 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$18 - US$43
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Needed somewhere to kill time before our Sagrada Familia booking. This place did just that but the food was pretty average (which is not uncommon for a “tourist trap” area like this!)

We had paella, but went away wishing we’d had tapas!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stumbled across this little tapas bar on an extremely wet day after visiting Sagrada Familia. What a happy accident for me! Lovely friendly staff and outstanding food mean I’m writing my first ever trip advisor review.
A few days after my first visit, I wanted to revisit the Sagrada and thought I’d try Casa Angela again, thinking perhaps I’d just had a lucky day the first time. Not so. Both meals have been the best I’ve had in the last 5 days in Barcelona. I’ve managed to try a fair bit of the tapas menu in 2 visits, and everything has been exceptional. Everything has been fresh and with a delicacy of flavours I haven’t found anywhere else yet. Rich, not oily, fresh and nuanced flavours in so many of the dishes, like the chicken wings, prawns in garlic and even their croquettes. Yum.
The waiter tells me that the paella is the chefs specialty, unfortunately I won’t be able to return to have that, but I’d suggest anyone looking for tapas or paella in Barcelona, come here, it’s fabulous

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a place that served good paella. We had went to a few places recommended by Yelp and TripAdvisor, but we weren’t that impressed. We stumbled upon this place after visiting the Sagrada Família.

Our waiter was nice, and all of our food was delicious. Out of the 3 places that we visited in Spain, this place had the best paella.

Pictured with this review are the dishes we ate.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Thought we were going to be served mediocre food at a high price
Couldn't have been more wrong
Came out form the cathedral and were so hungry we just walked in.
Lovely welcome by the lady owner...
We had a couple of lite tapas and had the iberian pork paella
Tapas were fresh...healthy portion...and well presented
As for the paella ....Superbly cooked rice !
Lovely to come across such place that totally blow you over .
Totally recommend

Angela C, Director General at Casa Angela, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you very much for your opinion. We hope your comment would encourage other Sagrada Familia visitors to step in. See you soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Casa Angela did not disappoint.
We had an amazing lunch after visiting Sagrada Familia.
We ate inside and the restaurant felt very much like a home. Our waiter was extremely attentive and polite. He was super helpful with making recommendations for the menu.
We had the paella and most of the dessert menu. I would highly recommend this location for its location, quality of dishes, attentive & kind staff and priest.

Angela C, Director General at Casa Angela, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Thanks for your nice words Paulina. We hope to see you again.