“Fav stops in Barcelona”

Cuisines: Eastern European
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 1 June 2017

"Bànitsa" is one of my favourite places to have a delicious snack in Barcelona. It offers a creative, quality interpretations of classic Bulgarian banitza (biurek, etc., it is typical Balkan cuisine and it is glorious :) and I love them all. this banitzas are also great as a gift (for example a nice selection of 6 different tastes). I like the good-vibe place and the owner, Mihaela, who is so kind that, although it is't on the menu, always prepares me and my friend some ayrian (yogurt + water = nice refreshing drink). Go check it!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

we were there on a Saturday day evening when practically everything else was closed and were very surprised to find a very good place to eat at this time. The food was awesome, very good location and prices were rather low.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

As a Bulgarian, I wanted to try the banitsa here. However, upon arrival, I was negatively surprised that there were no prices (just like in the Paki shops with which I've had bad experience). Because of this, I was ready to leave immediately but decided to ask how much the banitsa was anyway. It was 3.50. Now, I wanted to try the banitsa but I don't like to pay more than what the product is worth it. Similar products in other bakeries are about 1-1.50. So, I left.

On the plus side, the guy seemed friendly.

Mikhaela M, Gerente at Banitsa Pasteleria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Ingrid:
In the preparation we only use first quality ingredients as mushrooms, dry tomatoes, olives Kalamata, asparagus, fresh red fruits, chocolate 70% ...., also as imported Bulgarian yogurt and cheese.
We are proud of our 100% handmade product.
This store is not a market, so the prices are on the menu.
You can find industrial food for €1-1,50.., but if you want eat healthy and tasty you make try our food next time.
You'll see it worth it!! :-)

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Nice small place in the Barcelona city center where you can try the famous and traditional Bulgarian bànitsa. Well, also several "fusion" versions :)

Highly recommended! A lovely piece of Bulgaria in the heart of Barcelona!

You will make a plan to visit our small country Bulgaria after that! For sure! :) C'mon it is in Europe!

Reviewed 4 October 2015

i did try it in the festival of gastronomia popular of Barcelona.
it was just tasty bulgarian pastries.
the women is friendlly and explain well whats on everything.
ill definitly come back :)