“Fabulous albeit pricey hotel”

Ranked #70 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Fantastic rooms - spacious and comfortable; mine was on 21st floor with wonderful view over the marina. Nice walk along beach towards central Barcelona, plus tourist bus stops outside hotel. However, it is expensive, and therefore outrageous to charge for things like Internet (minimum spend €25 for 24 hours) and even the coffee making machine in the room, which I had assumed would be free.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Fifi_banana
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Fifi_banana,

Thank you for having sent us your opinion. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I assure you to review the aspects that you disliked on your visit.

Should you wish to share further comments on your stay at Hotel Arts Barcelona, I kindly invite you to send them to us. Please write to us at hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona

Write a ReviewReviews (4,873)

Reviewed 14 March 2012

The rooms were spacious and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. While not in the center of town, the hop on hop off bus stops right on the corner and the metro was about 2blocks away. On the right we had a view of the Mediterrean and to the left a city view. Black out shades kept room very dark, so you might not want to close them all the way so you can have a little lite in morn. Beautiful flowers throughout lobby add a special touch. The breakfast buffet was great and offered anything you may want. Tanya, Marta,Carman, and Carlos to name just a few were exceptional in their helpfulness. Only drawback was the 25 euro a day charge for Internet. We had it included in our room package but for only one device (we had 2) All in all, a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank cheryl2425
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Very nice hotel with amazing rooms. Staff very helpful and the pool was perfect. Even the restaurant was great. Would stay here again. Only downside is its very expensive but you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I had high expectations for this chic seaside hotel, which were mostly met.

Pros:
Great location on the beach (this is a real beach with sunbathing, sports, surfing about 1k away) with nice views from the room. There is a metro station nearby which is easy to navigate, but it is also only maybe 3k to the Columbus statue near the end of La Ramblas, so you can do some nice walking along the shore to get to that touristy area as well.
Very large rooms - I had a standard which was quite large, had a sitting area, and a huge marble bathroom with a deep tub and separate rooms for the toilet and shower. Decent closet space as well.
Highly attentive service (almost too much at times - there seemed to be "extra" staff milling about the lobby area just to greet you). Very friendly, called the elevator for me every time, offered me a bottle of water every day when I returned from my run, served us water and coffee in the lobby while waiting for others from our group.
Delicious (although pricey) breakfast buffet with local cheeses and ham, the local tomato spread for breads, and an assortment of fruits and hot items as well.
The gym was open 24 hours (which made for some unexpected entertainment when I was there at 6am Saturday and the bars were letting out!) and large and well-appointed by European standards.

Cons:
I guess most hotels charge for Wifi now, but it irritates me every time. I think it was EUR25.
Even worse, they charge you to make coffee in your own room! I had made two cups from the Nespresso machine in my room before I realized they were EUR4 each!
It is sort of awkward to get around - you have to take an elevator from the street level to get to the lobby, then a separate elevator to your room. And the health club is another elevator bank altogether. There was an option to take the stairs to the street level, which was winding and took longer, but didn't seem to be stairs to the health club. On busy days, taking the elevator to my room on the 14th floor took a minimum of five minutes, sometimes ten. (elevators would stop on every floor for example, and it seemed they were not all running since they would fill up and would have to pass people by who had been waiting).
Lots of street noise could be heard in my room on the 14th floor (people leaving the bar scene shouting and laughing).

Room Tip: There is a tradeoff - a higher floor would reduce street noise, but you would be waiting forever for...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather H
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Heather H,

Thank you for this very detailed feedback. I appreciate that you have taken your time to send us your opinion since it helps us to evaluate and improve our service.

I am glad that your overall experience was satisfactory and I assure you to take your feedback as a chance to review the aspects you disliked on your visit.

Should you have any further observations on your stay at Hotel Arts, please feel free to let me know. I kindly invite you to contact me writing to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com

I hope to welcome you again soon. Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel has everything. Honestly have never stayed in any hotel that could come close!! The staff where out of this world & catered for every need & chatted away to you so friendly again better than anything I've experienced before! The views well I was on 26 th floor & wow you could look out over the city & Marina superb. The prices in hotel were a wee bit on the expensive side however you were a stones throw from the beach & loads of lovely restaurants & chic bars. Honestly would say to anyone going to Barcelona this hotel is a must ;)

• Stayed: March 2012