“one of the best hotels....”

Ranked #70 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at Hotel Arts whilst attending Mobile World Congress. Disappointedly I was only on level 2, the first room had a view of a brick wall so I went back to change rooms - and got a view of the roundabout instead which was slightly better considering I was staying there for a week! Given that the Hotel was full, the staff did there best to look after and I liked that they always greeted you wherever you were in the hotel or lift. Big improvement on the bar area and liked the new cosy feel to the back room of the bar. Breakfast here is one of the best I've had in a hotel and nice to be able to sit outside if the weather permits. Would be nice to come back here in the summer and enjoy the pool area and the hotel when it is not completely full with business travellers.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are floors 1-5 so if you want a room with a view then you need to pay for a superior...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chezzabear
Write a ReviewReviews (4,895)

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here for our daughter's 18th birthday and it was a marvellous experience. We had sea view rooms which looked out on the marina and beach. They are modern and very comfortable. The level of service in the hotel is fantastic and reception gave us a great route to take in the sights on the way to the Gaudi House. Dinner at the Arola restaurant in the hotel was wonderful; Tapas meets food gastronomy! The prices are pretty steep but as our daughter tells us; 'you only live once' and we do have amazing memories of a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are wonderful and we were on floor 18 so could only see the sea from our bed. Sun...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Beautiful hotel, nice rooms. The bathroom in the room is really nice, one of the best I've seen. Very friendly staff that speaks multiple languages. While it is true that you'll get a "buenos dias" everywhere you go in the hotel, I didn't find this to be an annoyance. The prices for drinks in the hotel bar are absolutely ridiculous 20 euro for a cocktail - they were about half the price down at the new W which is a nice 20 minute walk along the beach and has an unbelievable view from the bar at the top. Location of the Hotel Arts is ok, you can get to the metro in about a 5-minute walk (and Barcelona's metro system is easy to use and surprisingly clean) and there are very convenient buses around. Very happening bars next to the hotel. Be careful walking around the beach area late at night - I was approached both by "working ladies" and by drug dealers in an area that otherwise feels very safe. The breakfast is really good. Lunch and dinner were o.k. Save some money and head out for some tapas instead.

My usual annoyance about high-end hotels charging for WiFi exists here as well: a ridiculous 25 euros a day. However I didn't have trouble connecting multiple devices without paying extra, so I'm not sure what the issue was with some of the other reviewers on this point.

Room Tip: Get a high room. Low rooms, especially on the west side, are noisier from the street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GoBlue88
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Nicely located business hotel within walking distance to Marina. Friendly staff however hotel needs a technology revamp: TV service and internet were not working very well. AC was noisy

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Carthagean
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Carthagean,

I deeply regret that your experience was not up to the excellent standards you expect and I apologize for the shortcomings you’ve mentioned.

I would appreciate to have the opportunity of discussing your experience in more detail and I invite you to contact us calling +34 93 221 1000; if you prefer to send us an e-mail, please write to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com.

Thank you in advance for your collaboration. I hope to have the chance to welcome you soon in order to give you the excellent treat you deserve. Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Service is very friendly and attentive but if anything a bit over the top. Seems impossible to walk ten paces without a hola or buenas dias from the staff. Yet the rooms lack tea and coffee facilities so it is not really comfortable or convenient staying here (who wants to wait for room service and be disturbed by a waiter for a luke warm cup of tea - never mind the cost). Costs are anyway very high for extras, wifi 25, cocktail 22, breakfast 39). it is also no longer in pristine condition, although OK. Location is a long way from the sights and shops. I decided the location and the brand are not for me and definately not for a private trip. This is the second stay here at a business conference and thats what it seems to specialise in nowadays - lots of big groups.

Room Tip: all seem to have some sea view, but most are sideways on, so aim for high and front and avoid floor...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear gaffelaar,

Thank you for having taken your time to send us your comments. I appreciate your personal feedback since it helps us to improve ourselves.

I regret that your stay was not to your entire satisfaction and I kindly ask you to accept my apologies. I am sorry that your room was apparently not equipped with coffee facilities since usually, all of our guest rooms do have a private Nespresso coffee machine.

I would like to have the opportunity of discussing your experience in more detail and I invite you to contact us calling +34 93 221 1000 or by mail writing to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com.

Thank you in advance for your help. I am looking forward to receiving your call or e-mail soon.

Yours sincerely,