5,201 results
All reviews club level ritz carlton beautiful hotel luxury hotel concierge desk sea view per day corner room high floor tapas sagrada familia las ramblas enoteca arola euros intern conference
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nothing is perfect but the Arts Hotel tries its best to disprove that idea. From the warm welcome by the bell boys to the check in staff, the restaurant waiters, bar staff, pool staff, room cleaners, nobody could be faulted with their attitude or appearance. All staff appear to be multi lingual and proud of their hotel as well as being very good at anticipating your needs.

The rooms are excellent, roomy with superb views, whichever side of the hotel you are allocated, provided with high quality bedding and towels.

It is not cheap but it is certainly worth spending these prices for this level of service and comfort.

My only small issues would be no free wifi in the rooms which should be an essential these days in a hotel of this class ( you can get 1hour free wifi in the lobby each 24 hours but the lobby is generally busy and not convivial for working on a lap top).

All rooms have b and o CD players, which were great 10 years ago, but are old hat now and should be replaced by ipod docks.

Lastly there should be English newspapers available, ( Financial times is provided) but all other papers are Spanish whereas the clients seemed to be at least 50 % English speaking when we were there.

Overall the best hotel I have stayed anywhere. We will return.

Room Tip: The higher the better but all rooms have good views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gordonbye9
Reviewed 22 April 2012

They treat you like royalty at this Hotel. Great location, friendly staff, right on the Beach, this is a top notch Hotel.

Room Tip: We had a high floor suite on the corner. Fantastic views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gandalf610
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here for 9 days. Very nice hotel. We were there on Marriott points and were upgraded to a suite which was spacious and lovely. Also included free wifi which was a nice perk. The main bathroom had the best shower we have ever experienced. Room views were fantastic! Ask for a high floor; it seems the most popular clubs are on the beach right next to the hotel. The partiers are out in full force until 4 - 5 am. We were on the 20th floor and I could still hear their revelry every night when the clubs let out. The service is excellent; at times comical the way they fall all over you to do things like push the elevator button for you! The young men at the entrance are very friendly, pleasant, and helpful when calling a cab and welcoming you when you return. If you don't eat breakfast at the hotel, the next block over has a wonderful place for breakfast/or a late snack. Very reasonable, delicious coffee, and great food. We did not use the pool but it we checked it out and it was very nice. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are much quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This property gets a very good review only because the room was so nice and the view fantastic. The reception desk was disorganized staffed by very young and attractive people that were confused at best. Getting the baggage delivered to the room took several phone calls. Not what I would expect from a Ritz-Carlton managed property. Also sleep interrupted by beach party or disco until 3am.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LRDoc
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear LRDoc,

Thank you for taking your time to submit us your personal feedback. I am glad to receive your opinion because it makes us aware of points we can still improve.

I regret that your visit was not up to the excellent standards you expect and I hope you will accept my most sincere apologies. Please be sure that we will review the issues on our reception and the sound proof. I would appreciate if you could give me the chance to personally talk about your stay at Hotel Arts. If you would be so kind to let me know in a brief e-mail to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com how I can contact you, it will be my pleasure to personally call or write you.

Thank you in advance for your collaboration.
Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona in February. We were a family of four. It is pricier than we would normally prefer but the deal we got included breakfast each day and the location really can't be beat. The rooms are clean and they brought in an extra bed which meant that my kids each had their own. The bathroom was large and there are lots of fun bathroom amenities.

The breakfast was the best I have ever had anywhere. The friendliness of the staff was amazing. Your glass was never empty and one of the chefs would walk around asking you if wanted anything fresh made. The presentation of the food was fabulous and on the fresh made churros and chocolate plate that they would bring to your table, there was often a written message in chocolate, like welcome, or hasta luego.

I cannot say enough about the staff who always smiled, always helped out, and always went that extra bit to make sure you didn't need anything.

The only negative I can say about the hotel is their charge for the internet which I believe should at least be free in the lobby. It's a hefty charge and for the amount you are paying already, seems a bit excessive.

I would avoid the restaurants along the harbor for meals. The concierge will recommend you eat here. There are much better and cheaper ones in the city.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family