“Not to sound like a snob but..Ok, I've stayed at better Ritz Carltons”

Hotel Arts Barcelona
Ranked #67 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here upon returning from a cruise. I am a Marriott platinum guy and cashed in some points for the stay. The front desk staff, bellmen, "greeters" and concierge were all extremely friendly and helpful. The bartender, Francisco, was very professional, funny and attentive. He even sent chocolate covered strawberries to the room, gratis. The hotel itself is nice and visually appealing inside but a little bit dated/under kept. The fresh flowers in the hallway add a nice natural scent if you're into that sort of thing. The concierge "lounge" was interesting and on the main level. They had a few snacks, some bottled beverages all were self service and I am pretty sure anyone could have attended.

They upgraded our room (pics attached) and it was probably one of the largest rooms I have stayed in. Two bathrooms, two tvs (two channels in English), a large sitting area, etc. The view was incredible from 24 floors up. One view of the beautiful city and one of the Med. Don't misread me, I just need to say I have stayed at better Ritz Carlton's...

Room Tip: try to get an upgrade or a room that faces the Med.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,831)

Reviewed 27 January 2013

This is exactly what we thought when we discovered the apartment that was proposed to us as a free upgrade. Definitely an experience we will never forget. Besides this wonderful surprise, all the other aspects of our stay were in line or beyond our expectations: quality of service, quality of the food served during the event organized there by our company, atmosphere. Barcelona is really a city I love, even more today than yesterday! :-)

Room Tip: Pray to be as lucky as we were with this free upgrade! :-)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Why they put Nespresso coffe machine in your room if they charge 4€ without advice? I had the bad experience to open 2 bottles of sparkling water and fin still water inside, probably tap water and even if I told the staff at the moment of the check out they charge me the 2 bottles, for 300€ a night it's a scandal.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Stefano d
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Stefano d,

I would like to thank you for having sent us your opinion since it makes us aware of how we can improve the experience of our guests.

I regret that the amenities in your room did not meet your expectations and I ask you to accept my apologies. There is indeed a cost for the Nespresso capsules in room, it is specified in the price catalogue which we provide in all of our rooms. I am sorry to hear that this was not brought up to your attention and will report this to our teams.

Concerning the bottled water available in the rooms, I regret the confusion, as we do provide both sparkling and still water in every room. However, I will be pleased to follow up on your comments and I would appreciate if you would be so kind to give me some further details on your stay. If you agree, I would kindly ask you to briefly send me your contact data to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and it will be my pleasure to return your call or e-mail immediately.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to receiving your call or message.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona

Reviewed 26 January 2013

We visited this hotel to 'recharge the batteries', and it was ideal. Situated a few steps away from the beach, it meant we could sit in the sunshine (albeit wrapped up against the wind) watching surfers, dog walkers, yachts, men playing boule, dominoes etc., or catch the open-top tourist bus into town. The quiet, spacious, room had a huge window overlooking the beach and harbour, a bathroom with bath and separate shower and a huge TV. (Not many english-speaking channels, though, so a dvd player would have been good!) Room service food was excellent, as was food in the Club Lounge, and we felt thoroughly cosseted by the staff! The Spa was quite small but very relaxing, and, being on the 43rd floor, it had great views of the sea. The open-air pool could have done with a fence around it to shelter it from the January wind!

Room Tip: Club rooms are well worth the extra - the club lounge is very comfortable with wonderful views, and...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine P
Reviewed 25 January 2013

When I was booking our recent trip to Spain, I almost took a pass on Hotel Arts because a few of the reviews on Tripadvisor were less than stellar. Given the location by the sea and the five star rating, we figured we wouldn't suffer all that much and booked the Executive Suite for a week. So happy we did because it turned out to be one of the best hotel experiences we have had. We booked on the Club Lounge Level which was WELL WORTH the extra expense because the Club Lounge and its staff provide a real "home away from home!" My husband and I almost never eat at hotel buffets, but at the Club Lounge we made an exception. The Club Lounge serves food continuously until about 10:00pm and it is always immaculate, delicious, and beautifully prepared. We had breakfast here EVERY DAY while we took advantage of the free Wifi. The Hotel Arts honored our request for a seaside room and our wrap around views of the blue, blue Mediteranean and the cityscape were lovely!! The public spaces are full of modern elegance and are MUCH nicer than the W, which on a visit, I found upscale, but a little overly glitzy and tacky with a clientele to match. When we moved on to Madrid, we booked a suite at The Hotel Ritz at more than twice the price of Hotel Arts, which was supposed to be our "splurge." Wonderful as it was, it was not as much fun as Hotel Arts,
which has it all and for a very good value! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!

Room Tip: Book on the Club Lounge Level and request a sea view....heavenly!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple