18 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 29/10/21
Hotels.com
US$254
Free cancellation until 31/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$196
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Expedia.comUS$254
PricelineUS$227
Official HotelUS$216
All reviews beer tasting patio room samsung tv nn hotels working space cocktail making hotel spa blackout blinds amazing hotel remote control light switches public spaces a wonderful stay staff went out of their way diagonal metro station indoor pool the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Seventy:

Just freaking awesome.

We stayed here five nights in early September 2021. Right now, Seventy is the best hotel in Barcelona (officially) and the best I've been to (including Hyatt, Marriott, Pullman, Sofitel, mandarin oriental, etc.)

The hotel itself

It is just amazing. Incredibly stylish interiors, high ceilings, a bunch of small details make the experience unforgettable. Pleasant aromas in all rooms (even in the parking lot lifts !!!). Lovely spa with hammam, sauna, pools and rain showers. A very cozy rooftop heated pool, even after sunset, it is a pleasure to swim in it!
You want to photograph every angle, relaxation and work areas in the lobby, spiral staircases, bar, facade, patio, corridors, toilets, rooms, and pools in this hotel!
Gosh, how the aromas of soap and other liquids are selected!
Hardwood floors are rarely found in modern hotels, but they add a touch of coziness, which I like.
Oh yes, there are also six floors of underground parking in the Seventy, for quite reasonable money :)

Rooms

Although inferior to the interior of the lobby, the room's interior still puts on the blades most of the hotel chains around the globe and all hotels in Barcelona. We lived in the "seventy room" (411). This is an average room. I recommend it with all my might. Wooden floor (my fetish), marble (or marbled?) tiles in the bathroom, Grohe and Hansgrohe plumbing (!), walk-in shower, huge (!) towels for all occasions (use if wet :)), a towel rail on which you can hang the clothes of a company of soldiers, pleasant lighting, premium cosmetics, a "valera" hairdryer and a hair curler. And a fantastic bench opposite the sink and mirror, which turned out to be very comfortable. An adorable welcome box from the hotel, with hand cream, tissues, toothbrushes and other pleasures. Oh, and soft thick toilet paper if that's important to you too

(And this is all about the toilet !!!!!)

Moving on:
Bed. 180x200 cm of restful sleep. A soft mattress, a nice blanket (but I like it heavier), a pillow menu for any sleeping style, and just snow-white linen!

A sixty-five (oh, come on, it would be hilarious to have seventy inches in seventy) inch TV right in front of the bed! You can do screen mirroring, but only from an android; if you have an iPhone or a Mac - it's a mess, you only have the option to share through HDMI. The HDMI-HDMI wire itself can be taken at the reception, but grab the type-c adapter from home.

Three Bluetooth speakers in the ceiling of your room! Two above the bed and one above the toilet. Damn, I'll miss this. (You can also use the TV as a Bluetooth speaker)

Fast air conditioning from Daikin. Quite, yet powerful :)

USB charging for each bedside table (by the way, why are bedside tables without drawers?), There are also switches and ordinary sockets. But usb's seems to be 1amp.

Beautiful vertical floor-to-ceiling windows are protruding outside the room, behind wooden shutter doors. If the wooden curtains are not enough for you, there is a toggle switch to lower the blackout blinds next to the bed.

Breakfast
Breakfast is ok. Yes, there are fresh juices. Yes, there are jamon, cheeses, cold cuts and pastries. But on the fifth day, we get tired of it. Everything is the same every day. And yet, there is no fish. You will not leave hungry, but you should not count on the Michelin level either.
And breakfast takes place either in a charming courtyard inside the hotel or inside, as you like. There are no queues or empty plates on the buffet.

Restaurant in the hotel
It is rather good. The prices are the same as in other restaurants, but fast, friendly and you don't have to go anywhere.

But the main jewel of this hotel is the staff members.

Holy crap! Spain, and indeed the whole of southern Europe, has never been famous for its service. But here! I don't know how you motivate your employees, but they are ready to come to the rescue at any time, in any circumstances. They will go beyond the rules and will do their best to make you happy. We felt like the most welcome guests at the Seventy house. We haven't heard refusals all five days, neither day nor night.

In the spa area, we were given bathrobes, towels and slippers, so that we should not go to the room to get our own. While we were sitting in the hammam, we were offered cold water, and the staff brought it directly to us!

They found us cocoa at breakfast, which the coffee machines did not have, and helped me find the desired taste of jam in the common grief.

We were allowed to sit at a table outside the restaurant area at lunch, simply because we liked it there better! And we were completely covered with the table that we had chosen. No questions!

And, of course, the guys at the reception played a unique role. Yes, now everyone is wearing masks, but they know how to smile with their eyes so that you immediately feel at home. I do not look like a Russian oligarch (fortunately or unfortunately), but despite this, I did not notice a single sidelong glance while we crocs'ing around the hotel. And here are some examples of reception hospitality:
1. We went to the beach and asked if there were beach towels. One of the staff immediately brought us two huge towels and a bag. They didn't fit into the bag, so he excused himself and brought two bags to put the towels. When we returned, he immediately took our bags of wet in again, and we went to the room with free hands
2. We were very interested in the rental (sharing) of various vehicles (bicycles, scooters, cars) and the opening hours of local attractions. The front desk googled everything for us! They found us comfortable trains, tickets, told us about different ways to get somewhere!
3. We were asked several times a day if we liked everything and if we needed anything
4. I also really liked the soap. And I wondered if I could buy one to take it home? Instead of telling me where I can buy something like that, they just gifted it to me!
5. We went to the outlet in a rented car, and did not want to park for money at the hotel, and the guys at the reception gave us a free hour of parking so that we could safely transfer all our purchases directly to the room.
I cannot single out any of the staff members because they were all sooo friendly and helpful. Everything was just exceptional.

And forgive me my impudence, but I will dilute the praise not even with minuses, but with the details that I would like to remark:
1. The water pressure is not the strongest. Difficulties while regulating temperature.
2. In the sink of my room (411), cold and hot water are reversed (and it is not confusion with colors, it is written on the separate taps, and cold means hot)
3. Cleaners turned off the heated towel rail every day. (The tumbler turns it on at the bottom end of the right pipe, it lights up when it is turned on)
5. Towels can be much fluffier
6. I want a more varied breakfast
7. Phone calls even within Spain from a room are expensive. Extremely.
8. One bottle of water per day for two in the room is not enough
9. This is the first time in 5-7 years when the hotel collected a deposit upon arrival :) (150 eur, but still...)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sejriz_n
Seventy Barcelona, Atención al cliente/recepción at Seventy Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Querido Sergey G,

Thank you very much for this incredible review!! You definitly described every single detail of Seventy!! We are 100 % sure that would be very helpfull for all TripAdvisor users!!

We really loved that you took your time to wrote all the things that we have to pay attention to impruve our service and go to next level.

Please no doubt to contact us directly for your future visit to Barcelona!!!

With love,

Seventy Family

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location is fantastic - in a lovely neighborhood itself, just off Passeig de Gracia and super close to all public transport links. The staff are fantastic - so friendly, professional and always happy to help. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful from the lobby, to the bar to the rooms, rooftop pool and stunning spa. Food and drink prices are also really reasonable. We had a late flight but were able to use all the facilities after checkout until we had to leave. Can't fault anything, would definitely recommend staying here when visiting Barcelona - thanks for having us!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Seventy Barcelona, Atención al cliente/recepción at Seventy Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hola Explorer670753! Thank you for took your time to wrote this review!! We are more than happy to give our customer the option of still using all the facilities of the hotel once they made the check out. Have a nice day!

Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

Incredible experience at an incredible place!

We had a family occasion last week in Barcelona and we were advised to stay at the 70.

That was one of the best ever experiences we had at the hotel!

It is very difficult to exactly define why we loved the 70, but we can try between the great rooms, service, decoration, patio….but the winner is the incredibly attentive personnel from the GM to the reception employees!!!!

Room tip: Do not waste time, the address of choice!
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Seventy Barcelona, Atención al cliente/recepción at Seventy Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2021

Hola ramir186! We are so happy reading your review!! Thank you so much, we are a Family!! You words fill our hearts of love!

Reviewed 9 September 2021

This hotel opened in 2019 but every thing is still very new as there must not have been many guests in 2020 or they were closed because of the pandemic. The rooms are on the small side even though we were in a room with a terrace - the terrace, however, was large, enough for a long table with chairs and two recliners. I believe this hotel is geared towards a younger crowd as there is a lot of mingling space in the lobby, eg. lounge areas and also high table with electrical outlets where you can possibly work.

There is a beautiful outdoor casual dining areas on the G/F with a fountain and olive trees, perfect for a meal or drinks.

The BEST part of the hotel is the staff at reception. I must have emailed the hotel a million times requesting help with this and that, since there were so many changing travel requirements, and every request was met very efficiently and without a hint of annoyance. They were most thoughtful and kind. I have received better service here than at hotels whose rates are multiples of what Seventy charges.

I will most definitely stay here again on my next visit to Barcelona.

1  Thank Ladybug789
Seventy Barcelona, Atención al cliente/recepción at Seventy Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Querida Ladybug789! You don't know how you fill our hearts with you review!!! Thank you very much!! We are more than happy helping our clients with all of we can. We wish you the best, please come back soon! Seventy Family!

Reviewed 1 September 2021

Unassuming when you arrive and view the building from the outside, actually rather ordinary, but once you're inside the hotel, view the uniquely beautiful lobby and then check-in with some of the best, friendliest and most helpful staff, you know you've made the right decision choosing Seventy Barcelona.

The amenities are great, the rooms are extremely comfortable and perfectly appointed, and honestly I haven't had this great a night sleep at a hotel, probably due to the auto blackout blinds and the soundproofing. The bed was pretty damn great as well. The only drag I will give is the view from the room, but it's a city and not all hotels get view rights.

I pored over Barcelona hotels, had stayed at a Seventy in Rome and really enjoyed it, but Seventy Barcelona delivered.

1  Thank dbalex

Hola dbalex! Thank you for your fantastic review and for mentioned every single detail!! We are sure that will be very helpful for all TripUsers. Please come back soon =)