Open today: 10:30 am - 7:00 pm

Book in advance
from
RM 217.76
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Barcelona Architecture Walks
More Info
All reviews urban planning gaudi walk private tour great walk better understanding sagrada familia pia knowledge tours history guide professor growth depth interests centuries catalan
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2014

A great way to learn about Barcelona and Miralles through the city history.. Miguel Angel makes himself easy to be listened. I will repeat in another one for sure!

Date of experience: February 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We booked THe Gaudi tour. We met Miguel who gave us a very intresting information about Gaudi Arc' and about Barcellona Arc at all. We learned a lot of the city early planing and the way it effected the vibrace of it.
A great experiance and Highly recomended!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

As a non-architect, I found the walk a tad profound for me. Nonethless.as architecture is art with a function, Miguel has done a great job in explaining the history of architecture & how architecture has evolved with the history of Barcelona city & its urban planning. References to art movement --modernism & surrealism were also mentioned. It is a good intro to architecture.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I joined Miguel on his BAW1 - Enric Miralles city tour. I'm an architect and I love Miralles' work - he is a home-grown architectural legend - like Gaudi - but the tour was so much more than I expected. I had visited Barcelona several times before but for the first time began to understand the city's history and how it relates to the present. Miguel took us through the old Roman city and explained the historic, political, cultural and economic forces that have shaped Barcelona. We went into parts of the city I had never seen before and he spoke in a simple, elegant way that anyone could understand.
The tour ended with one of Miralles' masterpieces - the Caterina Markets - and it was so clear by the end how the city and its deep historic layers inspired this project. Such a great building - I love it even more now!
We were a mix of architects, builders and tourists (non architects) and everyone, I think, got something out of it. ***Highly recommended***

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Miguel's walk was inspiring, interesting adn beautiful. Wonderful way ir understanding not only Gaudí but also Barcelona's urbanism and architecture