“Brilliant way to experience Barcelona and it's architecture”

Barcelona Architecture Walks
Ranked #39 of 574 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: From 35€/pax...The Barcelona Architecture Walks are a series of urban walking tours led by architects, inviting you to discover our city through the buildings and lessons of its Masters: BARCELONA & GAUDI, BARCELONA & THE SEA, BARCELONA & NOWADAYS ARCHITECTURE, BARCELONA & THE FUTURE CITY and BARCELONA & THE BEGINNING OF URBANISM.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 10 November 2016

This is a tour that I would highly recommend for anyone living in / visiting Barcelona!
Joan is a brilliant guide, he is friendly, knowledgeable, passionate and engaging. You won’t get the “reading off the text book” treatment; our group had a very enjoyable dynamic conversation thanks to Joan. He doesn’t shy away from any questions! From his fanatic tour, I was able to experience and deepen my understanding on the relationship between Barcelona’s cultural /political influence and its architecture – and of course Gaudi’s works!

barcelonaarchwalks, Owner at Barcelona Architecture Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Thanks so much Maria for you kind words... we are so proud of our passionate leading architects and Joan is one of the best!
We hope to see you soon around Barcelona to share more architecture stories with you!

There are newer reviews for Barcelona Architecture Walks

Reviewed 7 November 2016

My sister and I were hosted by Juan on a wonderful walking tour of Barcelona's architectural gems. He was a fantastic guide - very knowledgeable, patient, passionate and very interesting. I would thoroughly recommend.

Barcelona Architecture Walks thanks your opinion. The skills of Joan allow him to jump easily from history to politics or to design to let you enjoy the richness of our city... Hope to walk beside you soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We had a great time on our Gaudi walk with Ricard and learned a lot about Barcelona's history, and of course Gaudi. I highly recommend this walk if you are planning to visit Gaudi's main sites. It gave us a great foundation of knowledge. I think the pricing is a great value for what you get. If I visit Barcelona again, I would like to do one of the other walks!

Thanks EEpstein, we understand our Regular Walking Tours as a service to the city and its visitors... most of our Regular Walks have 2-6 person (as you could check in our gallery), the perfect size to start a fresh conversation through our city and its architecture.
It would be a pleasure to walk together soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2016

I went only a Barcelona Architecture Walks tour with Joan recently. It was a brilliant way to understand Barcelona's history and development. It helped me to appreciate the invaluable contribution Gaudi and some of the other modernisme architects made to Barcelona. I would heartily recommend the tour, even if you're not deeply interested in architecture.

Thanks Melanie for this review! We develop all our Tours thinking on the large public, no matters if you are an expert or a beginner because we will start from the roots of Barcelona History to let you thrill with the excellence of Barcelona Masters. Hope to see you back in Barcelona soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We loved our Gaudi walk with Jordi, who was very friendly, knowledgable and interesting to listen to. We learnt so much about how the city of Barcelona was formed and developed, with fascinating insights and context for appreciating Gaudi's work. You don't need to know anything about architecture to enjoy this walk, there's something in it for everyone.

It was great having an architect as a guide. Jordi was able to answer our questions and he clearly loves unravelling the mysteries of the buildings of barcelona. Next time we visit, I'd love to do the future walk.

Thanks Andshebakes!
Jordi is a brilliant architect specialized in education and spreading of Architecture... he loves to start from the beginning linking architecture concepts with other fields to break its formal image and let you discover how humanistic is our profession and the Masterpieces built in Barcelona... to let you enjoy better the genius of Gaudi!
Hope to see you soon back in Barcelona!