“Great Stay”
Review of Hotel Ginebra

Hotel Ginebra
Ranked #227 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Stayed 5 days in Hotel Ginebra I had a lovely view from my single room which was facing to the square, great tip book the single with view.

They gave me complementary breakfast.

I'll be back to Hotel Ginebra.

Thanks guys!!!

Room Tip: 405 single with views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Ginebra H, Director General at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Khartk89 ,

We very much enjoyed meeting you as well!
Have a great next holiday and happy trails from all at Hotel Ginebra.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Ginebra

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I am going to write this review as honestly as I can to hopefully ensure that what Hotel Ginebra have done to me does not happen to anyone else.

Firstly I made a mistake when booking through Booking.com. I am not sure how I managed it but I thought i was holding 3 rooms with free cancellation for my possible holiday in September. I know I was under a lot of stress at the time so I held them and thought I would go back in a few days and sort it out.

When I went back to the booking I realised with horror that I had booked two of the hotels on a 'no cancellation' basis. Again how did I do this, I dont know but it was over three months away and so I thought the hotels would be reasonable as I was no longer able to travel so I cancelled all three rooms and then contacted Booking.com.

Now the other hotel, Hotel Chi understood my error and accepted it was a mistake and within 24 hours returned my money. Unfortunately Hotel Ginebra refused to give me a refund and said that I had booked on 'no cancellation' and that was that. I said that I understood that but it was a mistake and a long way off and I understood if they wanted to make an admin/cancellation charge but surely not the whole amount, which was just under £1000.00!! Again they said no, so I then said ok, then could they reinstate the booking and I would take the room, thinking that I could give it away or perhaps use it as a prize in a charity raffle or something.

Their reply to this email was nothing other than '0' on an email. I am assuming from that they were telling me I was going to get a 'big fat zero' from them. I contacted booking.com again and they called them only to come back to me and say that they would not reinstate the booking or refund a penny of my money.

Well I have worked in the hotel industry around the world for 30 years at 4/5 star level and I have never head of a hotel behaving in this way. I know I made a mistake but I do feel that as the booking was not until September they could have been reasonable and made at the least a partial refund. It was not as if the booking was for a £100.00 it was almost a £1000.00. This trip was for my 60th birthday and now I can no longer afford to go away. I know the original error was mine but I do believe in business you need to behave in a reasonable and understanding manner. Well that is how I have always run and built my businesses.

What a difference in behaviour between the Hotel Ginebra and Hotel Chi who gave me a full and immediate refund.

Also I understand from Booking.com that as the booking was cancelled they do not receive a booking fee so in actual fact Hotel Ginebra ended up with even more money than they would have done if I had stayed and of course they will now resell the room for another £1000.00.

I hope that other people read this and be very very careful when booking this hotel that you do not want to make any amendments or changes to your booking. Having read through some of the other reviews it looks like I am not the only person to have had this happen to them.

Hotel Ginebra you are of course entitled to run your business however you want to but I do feel that it is pretty outrageous to take almost £1000.00 of someones hard earned money and give them absolutely nothing in return for that money - shame on you.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Valerie C
Ginebra H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear madam
We do not know what cancellation policy the other hotel had offered you but it more then likely was not a "NON REFUNDABLE" cancellation policy.
Here at the hotel recepcion we simply adhere to the conditions of the booking as agreed by both parties, no more and no less; unfortunately we can not take everybody's personal circumstances into account.
best regards

Reviewed 19 June 2017

A lovely English man on reception, tried his best to suggest places to try to get accommodation. He even went on the internet for me. Needless to say I still had to eventually go to Reus pretty late at night. A big thanks though for being considerate and humanitarian.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Ginebra H, Director General at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Hello Patricia
You are very welcome and glad to hear it all worked out for you.
best regards from "the English man" at Hotel Ginebra

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The hotel is in the city center, is very easy to get to/ to finde, i went by bus from the airaport and the bus stoped like in front of the hotel. I had one double room, there were a small fridge, towels, shower stuff and coffee for two, i although could get coffe and muffins for free in the kitchen/gastroom, in this room was a pc for our needs.We hade free WIFI. Secvice people are very friendly and every time there if u need them. The price was very very good for all that i could have. I recomend the hotel=))))

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Ginebra H, Director Comercial at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Hello Kristina
Thank you very much for your comment.
We are glad you enjoyed our services and the feeling was mutual as you were a very friendly and pleasant guest as well.

See you again one day in sunny Barcelona.

All the staff

Reviewed 8 June 2017

This was our second stay in Barcelona in a few days and as our first hotel was right on the Rambla we knew we wanted something similar but slightly cheaper even if it was not as up market. Well we only wish we had stayed here first as the position was fabulous being right opposite the Placa Catalunya and within a 5 minute walk of the Rambla. Not only well positioned but with a balcony to sit on and admire the view. The room was plenty large enough and with the balcony that could be closed off from the street with windows it was like a second living space. There is the option of breakfast in the dining room which although plain was very good value and more than enough to start the days sightseeing. The is a self serve laundry with dryer available for a few Euros as well. Very secure and very good value.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms with a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Ginebra H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Hello Alan

Yes, if there is anything we can confirm without false modesty is that we enjoy an incredible location.
Obviously we are glad you also appreciated the hotel itself and it's staff.
Looking forward to see you again one day!

Hotel Ginebra management