Hotel Ginebra
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

NH Collection Barcelona Tower(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$101
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$235
US$162
US$136
Official Website
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

Room Mate Carla(Barcelona)
US$98
US$93
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Pol & Grace Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$78
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$135
US$119
Orbitz.com
Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I(Barcelona)
US$422
US$354
  • Pool
All reviewsplaza catalunyathird floorgreat locationlaundry roomairport busfree tea and coffeesmall hoteltour busesaerobus stopfree wifirecommend this hotelhotel entrancesingle roomstayed here for one nightmini fridgebalcony overlookingcomfortable bed
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Staff really nice and helpful. The hotel is very quiet and clean! One of the member of the staff offered us the breakfast which is delicious ! The location is perfect and gives us a complete view of the famous "Plaça Catalunya"!
I hardly recommend this Hotel

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Ginebra H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hello Lisa
We thank you very much for your kind comment and we hope to see you again!
Also glad you enjoyed the breakfast, we also think it is delicious :=)

best regards from all at Hotel Ginebra

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We had a wonderful experience at Hotel Ginebra. The room was very clean and the staff extremely friendly. They offered us complementary breakfast and gave us so many good advices to enjoy Barcelona. The location is also excellent, probably the best in the city !

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Ginebra H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you very much!!!
Pleasant guests make easy work for us so we hope to see you again.
best regards from all at Hotel Ginebra

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Stayed 5 days in Hotel Ginebra I had a lovely view from my single room which was facing to the square, great tip book the single with view.

They gave me complementary breakfast.

I'll be back to Hotel Ginebra.

Thanks guys!!!

Room Tip: 405 single with views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Ginebra H, Director General at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Khartk89 ,

We very much enjoyed meeting you as well!
Have a great next holiday and happy trails from all at Hotel Ginebra.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I am going to write this review as honestly as I can to hopefully ensure that what Hotel Ginebra have done to me does not happen to anyone else.

Firstly I made a mistake when booking through Booking.com. I am not sure how I managed it but I thought i was holding 3 rooms with free cancellation for my possible holiday in September. I know I was under a lot of stress at the time so I held them and thought I would go back in a few days and sort it out.

When I went back to the booking I realised with horror that I had booked two of the hotels on a 'no cancellation' basis. Again how did I do this, I dont know but it was over three months away and so I thought the hotels would be reasonable as I was no longer able to travel so I cancelled all three rooms and then contacted Booking.com.

Now the other hotel, Hotel Chi understood my error and accepted it was a mistake and within 24 hours returned my money. Unfortunately Hotel Ginebra refused to give me a refund and said that I had booked on 'no cancellation' and that was that. I said that I understood that but it was a mistake and a long way off and I understood if they wanted to make an admin/cancellation charge but surely not the whole amount, which was just under £1000.00!! Again they said no, so I then said ok, then could they reinstate the booking and I would take the room, thinking that I could give it away or perhaps use it as a prize in a charity raffle or something.

Their reply to this email was nothing other than '0' on an email. I am assuming from that they were telling me I was going to get a 'big fat zero' from them. I contacted booking.com again and they called them only to come back to me and say that they would not reinstate the booking or refund a penny of my money.

Well I have worked in the hotel industry around the world for 30 years at 4/5 star level and I have never head of a hotel behaving in this way. I know I made a mistake but I do feel that as the booking was not until September they could have been reasonable and made at the least a partial refund. It was not as if the booking was for a £100.00 it was almost a £1000.00. This trip was for my 60th birthday and now I can no longer afford to go away. I know the original error was mine but I do believe in business you need to behave in a reasonable and understanding manner. Well that is how I have always run and built my businesses.

What a difference in behaviour between the Hotel Ginebra and Hotel Chi who gave me a full and immediate refund.

Also I understand from Booking.com that as the booking was cancelled they do not receive a booking fee so in actual fact Hotel Ginebra ended up with even more money than they would have done if I had stayed and of course they will now resell the room for another £1000.00.

I hope that other people read this and be very very careful when booking this hotel that you do not want to make any amendments or changes to your booking. Having read through some of the other reviews it looks like I am not the only person to have had this happen to them.

Hotel Ginebra you are of course entitled to run your business however you want to but I do feel that it is pretty outrageous to take almost £1000.00 of someones hard earned money and give them absolutely nothing in return for that money - shame on you.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Valerie C
Ginebra H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear madam
We do not know what cancellation policy the other hotel had offered you but it more then likely was not a "NON REFUNDABLE" cancellation policy.
Here at the hotel recepcion we simply adhere to the conditions of the booking as agreed by both parties, no more and no less; unfortunately we can not take everybody's personal circumstances into account.
best regards

Reviewed 19 June 2017

A lovely English man on reception, tried his best to suggest places to try to get accommodation. He even went on the internet for me. Needless to say I still had to eventually go to Reus pretty late at night. A big thanks though for being considerate and humanitarian.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Ginebra H, Director General at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Hello Patricia
You are very welcome and glad to hear it all worked out for you.
best regards from "the English man" at Hotel Ginebra