Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto
Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
US$362
US$270
  • Pool
Hotel Constanza Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$144
US$213
US$205
  • Pool
NH Barcelona Ramblas(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$156
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
US$245
US$228
  • Pool
Musik Boutique Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$140
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$321
US$293
1,054 results
All reviewsclose to the airportfree shuttleshuttle servicebarcelona airportnext morningmorning flightovernight staypool and saunawake up callel pratlast night in barcelonabus stopstayed one nightbooked this hotelcruise shippublic transportationbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Nice Hotel, near Airport by taxi or by Airport bus. Only 10-15 minutes distance. Nice and clean - quiet rooms with clean bathroom and shower. Restaurant and breakfast very good and pricelevel is acceptable.

Room Tip: Hotel with restaurant
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Poopi100
907tob, Be My Guest Department at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Guest

We would like very much to express our gratitude to you for this motivating and bounteous review. We felt privileged to have served you in our Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto and that all our services were useful with good standars of quaity.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

We wish you that all your wishes are fulfilled this year. Happy New year!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Unfortunately my last night in Barcelona was the worst. I stayed in one of the best hotels and then I stayed in one of the worst – across all my travels! The issues:
After spending nearly an hour taking the train from the city to the airport, it was another hour before I got to the hotel. I waited over 40 minutes for the shuttle to come. By the time we stopped at another terminal and made the ride to the hotel, at least an hour had passed. I saw at least 2 other hotel shuttles – Tryp and Barcelona Airport Hotel – twice before the BW shuttle showed up. The driver made no attempt to help with my bag.
My check-in was a bit longer than I’d like but with eventually 3 staffers behind the desk, only one was checking in the guests.
Reactive versus proactive assistance. I asked about shuttle service for the morning. The front desk representative seemed surprised I needed a shuttle, as if I didn’t just get off one to get to the hotel. It would have been nice if he asked as part of check in and told me I needed to sign up. Second, I got to the room and remembered I needed an adapter. I went back to the front desk, only to learn they didn’t have what I needed – despite advertisement of having adapters if needed. They had an adapter for USB but that meant they didn’t have what I needed to charge my computer. Thirdly, I found my room to be cold. After playing with the thermostat which was in Spanish and I only speak a little, I called to the front desk to learn they had to control it from the front desk and then I could adjust. That helped but when I tried to make it warmer, I couldn’t. And finally, I had to call the front desk to get the wifi password. Imagine if all these things were supplied or info shared at check in, how much time I and they could have saved.

Other challenges:
Could not find one English speaking channel – not even the BBC or other kind of news.
The shower and heat seemed to be motion activated. The shower water had some warmth but didn’t seem to get to the temp I really wanted until I got in. The shower floor was slanted and slippery. The same was true for the heat in the room. It seemed to kick “on” when I started moving in the room.
The hallway carpet was stained and dirty.

On the positive, the front desk rep and driver the next morning were pleasant. Unfortunately, by then, I was DONE with this hotel and ready to start my journey home.

I would never stay at this hotel again, even for one night before an early flight the next morning.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. I was being given a twin and had to request something larger. Not sure it was a double but slightly bigger than a twin.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank TeeAnn001

Dear Ms Ann Tee

We have read with interest your comment on Tripadvisor and the set of incidents. First of all I would like to inform you that we do care very much about customer service and the way that needs to be implemented (the quality, speed and usefulness) are priorities that we love to offer to all our customers every day 24/7/365 and we regret that you have not been able to appreciate them in the way we do. About all the shortcomings that you kindly list and describe in your feedback I would like to apologize for them, and wanting to say that this is not the usual in our procedures as we could circumscribe this inconveniences in the punctual and perhaps in the circumstantial of the facts explained: it is understanding that arriving late from the main train station to the Airport after a long travel and waiting for our free shuttle which is passing every 45 minutes could be stressful or tired. After that, many things, following your narrative, went wrong. Nevertheless, I appreciate your review and accept the fact that things could have done better and the hotel, I might say, is deeply sorry for the unacceptable standards offered and finally would like to add that by telling us what you liked or not about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your comments and time.

Yours truly

L. Tobías

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

If you want to sleep and rest, this hotel is not for you.
Isolation is crap - you will spend your night delighted by next door neighbor’s talking (I guess why French neighbors spent all night talking or singing), showering, watching TV et all. If neighbors get some sleep, you may still listen to front door cars, buses and people talking outside, and also cars passing by the street in front (as it is close to Mercabarna, cars and trucks never stop passing by).
Therefore, will never pay a penny at this hotel I f your mission is getting some rest

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
907tob, Be My Guest Department at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Mr Fernando

Please accept our apologies for this regrettable incident caused to you while you stayed with us. I am extremely concerned to read your review because the rest of our guests is our priority. I would like to say that whenever something like this happens, it is important to contact the reception staff so we can kindly ask for silence to the other room, especially if the circumstances are disturbing other guests’ rest, as you have explained in your comment. It is not my intention to justify noisy behaviors but the final days of the year could be noisier than normal as the festivities of New Year approaches. I must precise that we could have, as another option, to change you to a quieter room if we would have known the issue. I feel I should point out that all our rooms have soundproof windows, and one side of our building is away from road traffic.

We share your concern in doing good services and your opinion and feedback is much appreciated. We hope you will give this your kind consideration.

We would hope to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerely

L. Tobías
"Be My Guest" Department

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night only as it suited us for onward connections to the airport and to the terminal port as well. Parking is easy (€9) but what made this hotel extra nice was the fantastic front of house gentleman who checked us in on 28/12. Really friendly and approachable and very helpful with our small dog. Because they were so lovely and friendly we decided to stay for dinner and that was also great, it made 24 hours in Barcelona very easy! I had fairly standard expectations so this place exceeded them, really clean comfortable rooms, Nice bit of landscaping outside (however it is on a very busy motorway, but you get that when you stay somewhere to be close to an airport) Great work!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HungryManEdinburgh
907tob, Be My Guest Department at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Dear Guests

It is a great pleasure to be honored with such a nice review from you. Thank you for this amazing reward and for being our guest. The Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto is staffed by caring motivated and brilliant people who love to show a friendly behaviour toward guests.

Good wishes for a New Year of happiness!

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We stayed 4 nights in all - 1 night and then 3 nights a week later - Room was spotless, staff in all areas were lovely and very helpful - Rides to and from Airport were great - even at 5am Christmas Day -Food in bar and restaurant very nice - Sharron

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms Sharon

Thank you for this nice review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate that your stay with us in overall was satisfactory and that you wanted to recommend us. It is so nice to read that our free transfer to the Airport was good and you relied on it in your transit to your destination. And also that you found the food of our restaurant and bar palatable.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays From Your Friends at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto!