3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$127
TravelocityUS$127
travelup.comUS$145
2,550 results
All reviews the executive lounge maria cristina metro station diamond member lobby bar tapas an upgrade modern hotel city euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2021

They didn’t clean the room on 2 occasions and I had to call a few times to get that fixed. They didn’t clean the room at all one day and just sent one big towel and one small hand towel to the room when we have 2 people. They forgot the complimentary water bottles.

Date of stay: November 2021
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton Barcelona, Marketing at Hilton Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2021

Dear Thanhstar,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Barcelona and for sharing your feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our main goal and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations on this occasion regarding housekeeping service.

I am pleased to inform you that we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure the necessary measures are in place to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future.

As a team, we are committed to achieving 100% guest satisfaction and appreciate comments such as yours’ as a powerful wake-up call on areas where we need to do a better job.

I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion and assure you that we will take immediate action to improve for the benefit of future guests.

Reviewed 23 November 2021

Greeted by Toni, amazing guy!
Great sandwich, nice mojito, great conversation. Good selection of wines. Thanks for your hospitality and service.

Good location of hotel, easily accessible by public transport.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hilton Barcelona, Marketing at Hilton Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2021

Dear siddharthsinghal

We would like to thank you for coming all the way to Barcelona and staying at the Hilton Barcelona.

We are so happy that once again we can open our door and welcome our guests.

Your remarks about Food & Beverage service help us on our daily work to improve our hotel, thank you once again for your time in sending us a review.

We will share your nice review to our collaborator Toni, who will surely be so happy with your recognition.

It was our pleasure to have in the hotel and thank you for the nice review, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes from all the Hilton Barcelona

Reviewed 4 November 2021

I stayed here in October this year and my last trip outside of my country I stayed here too.. in maybe Jan or Feb 2020.. and the stay experience, not withstanding Covid, could not be further apart.

When I arrived there were no staff in lobby area and just one staff at reception desk. No help with my bags, I had to offload my bags myself, bring into the hotel, then go park my car myself and return after to check in.

When I returned still just one staff at reception, I asked if I was getting a suite upgrade and was lied to that “all suites were taken” and I know it was a lie because there were still suites available on the Hilton app.

The next day I asked to speak to the Duty Manager (I didn’t get his name) and shared my experience and although he wasn’t rude he was completely nonchalant about the matter and simply ‘blamed Covid’ for the situation. To me, Covid doesn’t mean bad service, doesn’t mean guests be treated in a cold manner.. I can say this because prior to my checking in Hilton Barcelona I stayed five nights at Hilton Frankfurt City Center and my day was WONDERFUL. Both hard product as well as service levels were very high and welcoming, unlike at Hilton Barcelona. Even when I told the Duty Manager at Hilton Barcelona that I was lied to about the available non-available suites on the property, he did not deny, did not defend, but simply ‘made a face’ and the topic was brushed aside.

The only sliver of good service I experienced at Hilton Barcelona this trip was on my first morning there at breakfast, all I wanted was a cup of coffee for which I helped myself too (I have no problem with that) and sat down and was sipping my coffee when one of the servers there came up to me and asked me by name (“Mr. Lim”) if I wanted any hot food, to which of course I politely replied I wasn’t hungry and just the coffee was fine. This was truly the ONLY reasonable level of good service I experienced in the five nights I stayed there.

The second or third morning, I decided I’d have breakfast at the property and the food was dismal. Only the eggs fried sunny side up were okay, but sausages had a chemical/ plastic oily taste, bacon did not taste like bacon and the croissant tasted like it came from bulk frozen from a budget supermarket. Needless to say I did not return for a second breakfast.

My check out was uneventful except in reverse order I had to ask permission to leave my luggage at reception whilst I went to retrieve my car from car park, left car outside, went back in to get my bags, loaded bags myself and own my way I went.

My previous stay at Hilton Barcelona, I was upgraded to a Suite, had delicious daily breakfast at the Executive Lounge (again, I do understand that due to Covid, lounges are closed and I have no issue with that) but the difference between my previous stay and last stay at the same property, one would not believe it was the same property.. and yet, again, my stay in Frankfurt, in comparison, was really the difference between chalk and cheese.. so much so that I would have to say that the Duty Manager at Hilton Barcelona is in the wrong line of work.

I am never staying at this property ever again, and in fact am already booked for ten room nights at Hotel Alexander Barcelona come December.

Date of stay: October 2021
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank GottaBeWorthIt
Hilton Barcelona, Marketing at Hilton Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2021

Dear Mr. Lim,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our main goal and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your service expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed 1 November 2021

We stayed 4 nights and we arrived after midnight in the hotel and I've been charged another 520 euro, even if the room was already paid. We came into the room and shampoo and shower gel were only for one person, too tired to ask and wait for someone, so we decided to ask for it the other day. The breakfast was very poor, there was no selection in general, for sweets just empty croissants. The bacon I had, was hard and overcooked every day. About the executive lounge, (closed because of covid) is arranged in the bar. We asked for a glass of wine and a small plate of tapas was served. The wine was refilled but not the food. One day we arrived 10 minutes after 8 pm and I asked to have two glasses of wine without food, and the response was ''is not 8 pm anymore''. For this reason the other days we didn't come at all to the bar. The other days every time we came back to the hotel there was only one shampoo and shower gel so we again called every time to replace the things. What made me really disappointed was that there was no experience from this hotel. Hilton chain is not selling just rooms, is the all complex that makes everything unique, otherwise, I could book an apartment for a cheaper price. I'm a Diamond member and to reach this level you have to travel a lot. I stayed at different Hilton properties and I felt at home always, that's why I continue to book at Hilton. This time it was a failure from all the points of view. Even being a Diamond member didn't change anything.

Date of stay: September 2021

Dear Salvatore,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our main goal and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed 28 October 2021 via mobile

This a modern hotel on a central street. The staff is professional and the setting is a comfortable business standard. The breakfast was fun and busy featuring some local tastes. This was the 2nd 5 night visit and I will return. Close to several metros and a nice walk to city center and shopping.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear CarlitosFTL,

We are so happy that once again we can open our door and welcome our guests.

Your remarks about staff and breakfast, help us on our daily work to improve our hotel, thank you once again for your time in sending us a review.

Best wishes from all the Hilton Barcelona