All reviewsmaria cristinasanta clara restaurantfamily suiteresidential areaminute walkbusiness tripcamp nouel corte inglesnice hotelking bedfront desk staffcomfortable roomspublic transportationmini barwould definitely stay here againvisiting barcelonayogurt
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had reserved two rooms for our stay in June. We had requested an earlier check in since we were arriving from the United States. The woman at the desk told me my room wasn't ready yet and would not be ready for several hours. I said to her I requested an early check in. She looked at the computer and said yes you are correct. I was not happy with this encounter.

I was charged $48 dollars for a roll away bed. We were told that rooms are for 2 people. This was a suite room and only 2 people were permitted in the room which is insane.

Then when we checked out we were informed that we had done a points and pay for our stay. We would not have stayed here if we had to pay. We were charged $400 USD. When I returned home I called Marriott who said they would forward this to the hotel and it would be resolved. I received an email from the hotel stating that I had participated in this pay and points program and they would not refund my money.

There are no attractions near this hotel and I would never stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank GCat30
acvictoriasuites, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Victoria Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. Your opinion is very important for me.

The check-in time is at 15:00 PM , as far as we can when we have a vacant room, we give them priority for the early arrivals.
The check-out time is at 12:00PM , when the hotel is fully booked it is not possible to provide an early check-in.
We always try our best to give our guests their room keys as soon as possible.

I am happy to see that our front desk could give you at least the room keys of one room until the second room was prepared, so you could rest a little after your long travel.

On the other hand, due to local fire regulations, the hotel only allows a maximum of three people in the Junior Suite regardless of the type of beds in the room. As you reserved 2 triple rooms, we were glad to add an extra bed in each room.

The extra cost of the third occupancy, as the room rate, were detailed on the booking confirmation and also appeared during the booking progress.

Referring the location of the hotel, the hotel is located on a residential and quite area. It is also well connected to the city’s historic center (4.5 km), which is easy to reach by bus, tram and metro. I am sorry to hear that the hotel location did not meet your expectations.

Everything we do is aimed at providing each guest an excellent service and your feedback is extremely valuable.

We will continue working to exceed our guest expectations.

I remain at your entire disposal,

Best regards

Andrea Garrido
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel was very nice and very clean with spacious suites for a European hotel. Staff was helpful and courteous. They had a lovely courtyard restaurant with great food. A definite place to stay if you are visiting Barcelona.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Whilst staff were attentive and generally helpful and rooms clean and very spacious, this place has a few issues. It is located in a quiet and classy neighbourhood on the outskirts of Barcelona, but some distance from the centre and regular attractions. Suites are very roomy and reasonably well-furnished (though the large beds were quite lumpy and uncomfortable). However, the overall build quality is atrocious. Outside on the pleasant balcony, chunks of plaster had fallen from the roof. Soundproofing is not great either. The bathroom, though clean and modern, was poorly-designed with the toilet jammed next to the tub. Housekeeping didnt show up when we went out all morning and although in the afternoon they offered to come later (after our short siesta), when we called they said it was in fact too late to have the room serviced - and dropped off some extra towels instead. The restaurant is pretty good. The whole experience is relatively expensive, even though we had a discount. Give it a miss unless you need to be in that neighbourhood.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank FrequentlyFussy
acvictoriasuites, Director General at AC Hotel Victoria Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with us; for me your opinion is very important to improve our services, so we can give you a better experience in your next visit to our property.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive comments about our Junior Suites and our staff. We will keep working to fulfill our guest experience.
The hotel is located on a residential and quite are, well communicated to the city center by public transportation.
I am happy to see that you liked our Restaurant – Garden Santa Clara. They offer Mediterranean dishes on a relaxing and nice atmosphere. Is one of the most popular restaurants on the neighborhood.

On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that the exterior of the hotel did not meet your expectations. Actually, we are working on a project to remodel part of our building to keep offering our high standards of quality.

Referring the housekeeping department, our room cleaning service is available from 8 am to 18 pm. After this time, we will be glad to provide you anything you may need to your room.

Once again I thank you for your comments about our hotel and we sincerely hope to host you on a near future,

I remain at your entire disposal,

Natalia de la Fuente

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Nice hotel in nice area, not close to most attractions but subway connections were very convenient. Staff was pleasant and helpful, we did have a problem with our room key not working, but staff made it as painless as they could by letting us in when we needed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

A very nice hotel, good customer service, pleasant rooms, food was adequate not sensational 4+

I was placed in a room that smelled of smoke. I complained and was promptly relocated.

My room had a bathroom flood, see photos. I was told it was my AC. It was repaired promptly.

The breakfast was plentiful, however, hot food wasn't hot, eggs and bacon rubbery.

There was no water offering and you had to ask for coffee if you didn't use the fancy machine.

Overall, it's centrally located for tennis, shopping and transportation.

The PC isn't user friendly and isn't set for English. I had to request boarding pass assistance four times! Annoying!

I would return