“Absolutely wonderful!”
Review of Hotel Acta BCN 40

Hotel Acta BCN 40
Ranked #198 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is located a short 10 min walk from La Rambla & Catalunya. Lots of lovely little bars & cafes down the street & free hot drinks from 11-11 was such a plus!

The comfiest beds we have ever had in a hotel, and lovely friendly staff!

The hotel doesn't have many, if any, English channels on the TV, but they do have free WIFI which meant we could use Netflix to watch movies in the room on an evening, so no problem!

Will definitely be staying here when we come back to Barca!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Acta BCN 40

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The title gives it away! Loved this place,great bed,air con,styling,lovely fresh breakfast and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
It kerb appeal may not be its best feature but step through the front door and you find yourself in comfortable super clean air conditioned safe oasis.

I mention safe as the street is a little bohemian and as are some of the people who live "on" the street it self. But we never felt intimated,maybe it's because we are from the pool of life (Liverpool). Lots of great little bars near by. "Manchester" being favourite of ours. So if your looking for a vibrant location on a small budget and very compact room this is great choice!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I was here for fewer than 24 hours, sort of a transition hotel for me on this leg of my trip, but I really appreciated it. Everything was clean, well cared for, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful with anything I needed (which included asking for change for a 50 Euro bill).
I didn't really use anything other than my room, but I enjoyed it. It's in a good location. Walking distance to La Rambla and various other sites. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I chose this hotel because I needed parking and on booking.com this hotel had photos of a parking lot. I mistakenly took it for granted that the parking was in the same location, but it was not. Parking is several blocks away so beware.

The hotel is on a very dark street. I did not feel safe coming back at night on this street.

I did not find this hotel to be in a good location. It is quite a walk to the plaza Catalunya where you have the nearest hop on hop off bus stop.

The room I booked was very clean. The ac worked well. Breakfast was great (fresh bread,
Chorizo, Spanish ham, fruits, sweets, juice and coffee).

I do need to mention that the street the hotel is on is full of Muslim owned businesses. This was an issue for me and I was unaware of the situation from other reviews. I think it is a fair point to address.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Very happy with this hotel. Decent size, friendly reception who greeted us kindly , informed us about the area, called a taxi for us etc. Great location as well only about 5-10 minutes walk to la rambla and gothic quarter etc.

Clean and affordable. Deserves much more then 2 stars!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Acta Bcn H, Front Desk at Hotel Acta BCN 40, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Rachel,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we are very grateful to you for spending your time sharing your experience in TripAdvisor.
We would love to welcome you in the future. Please, don't hesitate to contact us next time you visit the city.

Best Regards,