Negresco Princess Hotel
El Palace Hotel(Barcelona)
  • Pool
Hotel Urquinaona(Barcelona)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree mini barrooftop barsuperior roomgreat locationnespresso machine in the roomon arrivalinfinity poolrain showeramazing showerbasic roomrobes and slippersnice modern hotelcity viewamazing hotelhotel is centrally locatedbreakfast was excellentwithin walking distance
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The hotel is set in a perfect location only a few minutes walk from La Rambla and other major attractions.
On arrival we were offered a glass of prosecco and check-in was both friendly and efficient.
The room itself was well laid out and well maintained with a few very nice touches.....mini bar with 5 free items each day plus the use of a mobile phone during the length of the stay.
An added bonus was the roof top bar and pool which provided an excellent way to enjoy the Barcelona weather away from all the hustle and bustle. Would I recommend, most certainly - the Negresco Princess provides an excellent location, great staff and some very nice additional touches.
So bearing in mind the above why only 3 out of 5? Despite the obvious potential of a great stay I can only base the review on my personal experience. Unfortunately, we were given a road facing room and I was constantly awoken by the sound of traffic and shouting throughout the night. At first I put this down to just being in the centre of the city but, at times, the level of noise made it seem the window was open? On closer inspection it appears that the window in the room (room 405) has become warped and there was a noticeable "gap" at the top of the window. I am sure had we complained we would have been moved to an alternative room but once unpacked I'm always reluctant to change rooms.

So, in summary, an excellent hotel that will provide you with a great base to explore Barcelona, definitely recommended......(just make sure you stay clear of room 405 if you're after a good night's sleep.)

1  Thank flashcat61
JairoM_NP, Director General at Negresco Princess Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Flashcat61,

First of all, let us thank you for your wonderful review.

We are so pleased to see that your stay at Negresco Princess Hotel met your expectations.

It is our pleasure to know how highly you appreciated our location and our customer service. We work very hard to ensure everything is as it should be. Our dedication to our guests, and reviews like yours, makes us extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team.

On another hand, it is only with constructive feedback that we can always improve our facilities. We would like to let you know that our maintenance team has been informed regarding the window and they are working on it.

Thank you very much once again and we hope to have you back with us again in a near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I loved this hotel for many reasons.
Firstly its position, really central, only a few minutes walk to Plaça de Catalunya and Las Ramblas. We also walked from the hotel to Park Guell, the port and Monjuic, although this took a little longer.
Check in was easy and the receptionist was friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and modern, and our room was amazing. Fabulous shower, nice toiletries, huuuuge comfy bed, great view (we were on 4th floor) and a free mini bar stocked with water, juice and cola.
We loved the rooftop terrace, a great place to chill out in the sunshine and enjoy a cold drink, I highly recommend Frixinet Ice, (cava served over ice with mint, in a large glass). Unfortunately it wasn't warm enough for the pool, but it looked amazing. There is also a gym, but I didn't see it.
We didn't eat at the hotel, 18 Euros for continental breakfast seemed too expensive, so we went to Citizen coffee shop around the corner and had great breakfasts there.
We used the Aerobus to get to and from the airport and this was quick and easy and reasonably priced.
Overall, I loved this hotel and hope to go back one day.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Fantastic hotel! Negresco Princess is a 5 minute walk from metro stations, 7 minute Plaça de Catalunya, and 10 minute walk to Las Ramblas. The hotel facility is clean and modern, and the receptionists are very helpful. I was able to check in early, and got a free upgrade to a city view room. The shower is amazing, and the mini bar was free. There's a rooftop terrace, gym and a small swimming pool on the 7th floor - too bad I only discovered it on the last day before check-out. Only bad thing was that the closest smells funny, perhaps don't put the coffee machine in the closet?! Highly suggest this hotel, would be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for city room view
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The receptionist were very polite and helpful gave us all the information we needed ,the rooms were spacious and clean,we had a wonderful time,we will defiantly come back, I will defintly recommend jt

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed at this hotel last year.
While the hotel itself and the rooms looked good and new, we did not have a great experience.
We received a room which only had a window to the inner-side of the hotel.
You can't wake up to the sunrise and you will feel like you're a vampire in a dark room with no sun falling in.
It was very unpleasant opening the window and seeing people in the corridor next to you.
Those rooms are also not so sound-proof, therefore we could constantly hear people walking in the corridor, talking and slamming doors. It was so loud I could basically hear their entire conversations.
I can't understand who thought it would be a good idea creating such rooms, it's insane.

When checking-in, even though it was an after-noon, our room was not ready so we had to wait an extra 15 minutes.

Based on our personal experience it's 2/5 at most, I'm still giving it at least 3 stars just because not all the rooms in this hotel are as horrible as the one that we have received. Also, the prices are quite good.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not getting a room with a window to the inner-side of the hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alex z
JairoM_NP, Director General at Negresco Princess Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Alex Z,

Thank you very much for having taken your time to make us aware of your concerns.

I regret that your stay at Negresco Princess Hotel did not live up with your expectations and I request you to accept my apologies.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back again to give an entirely spotless experience.

Kind Regards,