“Excellent!”

Price range: US$20 - US$59
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the beautiful green, we have sympathetically restored the gorgeous historic inn to create a warm, welcoming pub and brasserie. With plenty of nooks and crannies for leisurely lunches, family gatherings and quiet post-work pints with friends and colleagues and our garden perfect for the warm summer weather. Our light, open brasserie serves food all day and is becoming a popular spot for Sunday lunch and we are sure that our comfy armchairs in front of a roaring log fire will be hard to leave on a chilly winter's day. Whatever the reason for your visit, we're sure there is the perfect spot waiting for you so why not pull up a chair and let us look after you. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I visited the Barley Mow last night with a friend. We were the first to arrive in the restaurant and were greeted and shown to the table by friendly waiting staff. We ordered from the set menu, which at £11.95 for 2 courses was very reasonably priced. I chose the beef stroganoff, which was delicious! My friend had the sole, we she said was equally tasty. The portion sizes were just right. We went for the lemon posset for dessert, which was tangy and tasty and well presented. It wasn't long before the restaurant became quite busy. Will definitely be visiting again!

Moe_Barley, Manager at The Barley Mow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us Lisafoodtaster!

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We have a new set menu each month, with a selection of different dishes!

Hope to see you again soon.

Abby.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I met a friend here for an early supper, they have a very good set menu which is available before 6.30pm, at a great price of £11.95 for two courses.

The pub has a fresh contemporary decor, you can see the kitchen staff working efficiently in the kitchen.

I had the sole which was served with kale, new potatoes and a delicious sauce, my friend opted for the beef stroganoff which looked very good, we both had the Seville posset for pudding which was very good. They have a good selection for gluten free which I really appreciated.
The staff were pleasant although it took sometime to get our bill as the restaurant became busy.

The loos were spotless and with good quality soap and hand lotion which Is always a huge plus!

Thank you so much for your review Brockhalls!

It's lovely to know that you had such a good time with us. If you are a fan of our set menu, we have a new one every month which has a new selection of meals including a vegan option.

We hope to see you again soon!

Abby.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We had a funeral in Englefield Green, and were struggling to find anywhere to hold the reception afterwards for teas and coffees. In the end, we asked the Barley Mow if we could use a cordoned off area of the pub, which they had no problem with at all. Nor did they have a problem with our bringing our own cake and biscuits.
Everyone was professional and courteous, and also sympathetic, which given the circumstances, was what was needed.

Thank you.

Oh, and some of us stayed for lunch afterwards, and the food and service were absolutely fine.

1  Thank guywilletts1
Moe_Barley, Manager at The Barley Mow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

We're glad we could help you during such a hard period.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 25 January 2018

My friends and I were recommended this as a place to visit and it did not disappoint. The service was excellent with every attention to detail. The food was delicious. A very varied menu with tasty options for vegetarians which isn't always the case. We all chose from the set lunch menu of the day and I struggled to decide. All of the options were tempting. I will definitely return.

Thank you so much for your review, Victoria.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our Set Lunch Menu so much. It changes at the beginning of every month and we've just started serving February's menu. You'll be pleased to know there are still plenty of delicious vegetarian options!

We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

My partner and I got there early so thought we would have a drink beforehand but luckily we were shown to a table straight away. The food was amazing we had suckling pig and the desserts were the best I have ever had and I am a foodie,
the pistachio soufflé. I could smell the pistachio and chocolate as it was being brought to the table. It was a generous portion and I devoured all of it sharing a little with my Boyfriend. He had the Coffee cup which was also as good. Thank you Claudio I hope I spelt that right for the best dessert I have eaten

Thank you for your generous five star review, Kaz.

Our pistachio souffle really is something special and I'm so glad you and your partner had such a fantastic evening.

It was a pleasure to have you both and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Assistant manager.