“Not a very good start - The Potting Shed”

The Savill Garden Kitchen
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Yesterday I visited the The Potting Shed - One of the ladies that served me was lovely but unfortunately her service was overshadowed by her colleague who was rude and miserable. Anyone would have thought I was asking her to do me a favour by actually serving me. I ordered 3 toasties and had to ask for a bag, I had to ask for sugar for my coffee and napkins which wouldn't have been a problem if I wasn't met with such dirty looks (the face mask didn't cover enough of her face to hide them). Even my young daughters commented how rude she was when we walked away. Do yourself a favour and give her some customer service training.

Date of visit: April 2021
WindsorGreatPark, Marketing at The Savill Garden Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for your feedback which has been passed on to the catering team.

Write a reviewReviews (306)

Reviewed 30 October 2020

Having been coming regularly to Saville Gardens/Windsor Gt Park for many many years the cafe has always been pretty good, good coffee and lovely cakes. But not today. My friend and I ordered, on a recommendation from our waitress, an apple cake with berries. Looked great, but the texture was very weird, gritty and grainy very unpleasant. Was this a gluten free option I wonder? Shame spoiled our visit especially after queuing.

Date of visit: October 2020
WindsorGreatPark, Marketing at The Savill Garden Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2020

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to read that the catering did not live up to expectations, We would certainly encourage our visitors to try and raise any issues at the time so that we have the opportunity to put them right. We will pass your feedback on to the catering team for them to review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2020

Visited with my husband and daughter after a lovely walk around Virginia Water. Ordered lunch but after 40 mins of waiting still had no drinks or food. Having asked a member of staff, turns out they'd lost our order! They were barely apologetic and we decided to leave. It seemed completely chaotic and we left with the distinct impression of not being at all valued as customers. Rather spoilt our day out.

Date of visit: October 2020
WindsorGreatPark, Marketing at The Savill Garden Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry to read that your experience did not live up to the standards that we strive to deliver to all of our customers. Your feedback will be passed on to the Building Manager to review and take the necessary action. We do hope that we can welcome yo back soon and that your time with us will be a better one.

Reviewed 26 October 2020

Having queued for 25mins, when it was our turn to be seated just after 11 am !, we were bluntly told they were serving lunches only and not seating customers who just want tea and cake. The staff could have easily clarified this to those queuing. A few others queuing behind us left on hearing this. I would like to point out that the sign at the front entrance does not clearly state lunches only.

Date of visit: October 2020

Thanks for taking time to give us your feedback. We are very disappointed to read that the communication from our team and the signage used was not clear. Your feedback has been passed on to the Building Manager who will review this and take the necessary action to put this right. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Garden very soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2020

Appalling treatment towards my elderly mother and myself - having obeyed COVID procedures by signing in and wearing masks - I’d mistakenly helped myself to cutlery that was placed on a table close to the signing in table - an aggressive female Manager then leapt towards us and within 50cm began shouting told us to get out and informed us both we would not be served as we hadn’t followed Covid procedures - this was untrue; unfortunately for both my mother and myself the young polite waitress who had previously been guiding us through the Covid procedure was reluctant to defend us from her aggressive Manageress . I do not recommend visiting this Restaurant. Very poor standard of customer service from the Manager.

2  Thank 24philippaa