“Butter chicken is out of this world”

Chai Indian Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 413 Restaurants in Sitges
Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chai is an authentic tandoori restaurant with a twist. With as many vegetarian dishes as non-vegetarian dishes there's something to please everyone. Chai features a contemporary menu that will excite the adventurous, yet satisfy traditional palates. This is Indian food for the 21st century. We aim to ensure that not only our food, but our service will make your experience in Chai a memorable one.
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Simple place, but really good kitchen. We just had a quick dinner here, and the food was perfect - the best butter chicken I ever had. Service was fine too.

1  Thank Nora P

Reviewed 4 September 2017

A couple of years ago this used to be a really good restaurant, owned by a Pakistan woman. She made amazing food, and got the certificate! Now the food is like a bad joke, worth no comments. Go to the local kebab bar, and I can assure you the food will be way better!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My experience of Chai in Sitges was extremely mixed. We showed up well over a hour before closing and were asked to come back in 10-15 minutes so they could 'clean', even though there was two full tables of people eating. We decided to wait and after five minutes were shown to a table and given menus. We ordered and my girlfriends curry and our rice and naan to share arrived less than ten minutes later, when this occurred I was asked what I had ordered and ten minutes later my food arrived (my dish was clearly prepared in this period). We are a couple in our twentie's and were made to feel like 15 year olds. It really is a shame how poor the service was because the curry and rice were really nice, the naan was only okay. This visit left a sour taste on our first night in Sitges.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The bill was 29 euros. I gave 40 and waited for the change. When it didn't came I called the waiter, he ask in amazement whether I was waiting for the change. of course I had to ask for the change back, which he did not like very much. And then, when I left 10 percent, it was clear that he was not happy. We received a similar attitude when they thought we did not order enough. A very insulting and unpleasant attitude. disgrace

Still, I must say that the food was quite tasty

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at Chai restaurant on 3 out of 5 nights we stayed in Sitges such was the good quality of their north Indian food dishes. Freshly baked tandoori rotisserie with dal and veg. Just perfect.

1  Thank 36NP