See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Do not stay here if you can avoid it, we stayed for 4 nights as a base to visit other areas and woke at 1am on the first night as the a/c was turned off, when I complained they said they would look and see if they could fix it, also there was no wifi. The 2nd night with no a/c I was told it goes off every night, that this is the schedule and with a shrug of the shoulders that there is nothing they can do, when I asked about discount for the lack of services or if they could do anything to cool the room they said no discount and they couldn't colt he room and if I didn't like it I could leave and find somewhere else. I looked but there were no available alternatives. Then the air conditioning went off in the day as well and I was told by the unhelpful receptionist that she was too busy to help.
This spoiled 4 days of my break with my sons and I would never stay here again and recommend you to stay anywhere but here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank joevb1
Reviewed 13 July 2017

The hotel is OK - a bit dated, but comfortable. We didn't have a car, so had to walk 20 minutes to the town centre (OK, but not the most scenic of walks). There is a pool there that looked OK but we didn't get round to using it. The cafe and the reception area are the hub of the hotel, with really friendly, down to earth (and helpful) staff - the perfect place to enjoy really good coffee while you plan your day touring the wineries in the region!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
CiudadeHaro, Director de Recepción at Hotel Ciudad de Haro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hello Marcus¡

Thanks for your comment and good apreciation about us.

We hope see you soon¡

Reviewed 10 November 2016

You need a car because the hotel is located outside the town. It is modern but traditional and very pleasant. We got a suite for a rather cheap price. Free parking. Free wi-fi but during our stay it failed a lot. Nice swimming-pool.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

On route back to ferry. Very tired hotel . Room ok bath rusting and lethal stand in bath shower. Tried to eat in restaurant but was so cold we left. Trcky getting into Haro as you have to turn right onto the main road to Vitoria. Would give this one a miss.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Was here yesterday and its a bit like the hotel from the Shining. Old carpets , old beds.. old everything. Will not be back and have cancelled my next booking. Am sure its ok for a stopover but its outside of town

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family