“Great traditional Flamenco dancing ”

Tablao Flamenco Villa Rosa
Ranked #471 of 12,484 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$23 - US$57
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Huertas
Description: This sanctuary of Madrid flamenco first opened as a “tablao” in the spring of 1911; at that time the greats of the flamenco scene met at Villa Rosa.Famous local and foreign characters came to Villa Rosa and enjoyed beautiful and endless nights. Champagne, fino sherry,palmas, heels, flamenco dresses, bullfighting debates, guitar riffs and husky singers’s voices produced wonderful nights and dawns for our frequent local visitors such as people like Lola Flores, Imperio Argentina, Miguel de Molina, Juanito Valderrama y Dominguín, or foreigners treated as if they were locals, like Ava Gardner or Hemingway. All of them loved what Villa Rosa was and meant.Even the Monarchy was aware of Villa Rosa’s night’s prestige, and the place was regularly visited by King Alfonso XIII, accompanied by greatest business men and artists, like Pablo Febrero (Lizard) or Jesús Rodríguez Cerezal (The Immortal).Artists list: Jonatan Miró, Marco Flores, Manuel Liñán, Adrián Santana, Pablo Fraile, Inmaculada Aranda, David Coria, Víctor El Tomate, Juañares, Gabriel de La Tomasa, Ismael de la Rosa, La Popi, Guadalupe Torres, Sonia Olla, Soraya Clavijo, Juan Amaya El Pelón, Chelo Pantoja, Fernando de la Rúa, Sandra La Negra, etc...All this is happening in the very heart of Central Madrid, at number 15 in“our madrileña” Santa Ana square.Greetings from the centennial, mythic, genuine, magnificent and inimitable VILLA ROSA. From 1 st March 2013 Villa Rosa has a new Chef, directly from Valencia, do not to be missed the Paella!!
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Well worth the visit, great singing and amazing traditional flamenco dancing. The service was very good. It’s up to you if you just buy a ticket for the show of you want to have dinner there as well. Starters were really good, we opted to share a paella with was a mistake, was not the best. If I was to go again I would just order a few starter to share as they were all nice. Could not fault the service or show. Tickets come with a free drink, so get yourself a large G+T.

1  Thank Derrick063

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We chose just to watch the show with a drink rather than have a meal. We were amazed and entertained by their performance. There was a guitarist, a singer and 3 dancers, 2 men and a woman who performed showing different styles/emotions through their musix and flamenco.The hour long show was full of energy and emotion and their hands and feet were just a blur at times. We were swept away by it. Really enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Did the 1 hour performance, which we booked the evening before, the dancing was amazing and the whole family enjoyed it.

Well recommended

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Everything I imagined and more. This was an unforgettable experience. I went here before going to Granada where I expected more of the same and better but I didnt find any better. If I could have put this on tape or taken everybody home in my luggage it would have been so much the better. Words fail me. I have just returned from Buenos Aires where Tango is king. But, because I witnessed flamenco from the best the year before, I just could not get crazy about tango. The guitars were other worldly. The food was so-so but the wine was fine and the show was, as I said, over the top. Oh, yes, I forgot about the gorgeous Islamic inspired interiors with lovely paintings and exquisite tiled art. It was a night to remember.

1  Thank oopsydaisey
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Fanastic show, fantastic dancers. The building itself is very interesting-both inside & out.Dinner was really great.