“Great food and cheap wine”

Piccolino della farfalla
Ranked #1,392 of 12,472 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Huertas
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We are here for lunch while walking around. Staff is nice and good was delicious. I recommend the gnocchi! There house wine was only 6,15 for a bottle!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was quiet (peaceful) and rustic looking. The staff were very friendly. The selection of food was amazing, especially in a country where it is very hard to find anything without meat in it. They had vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options on the menu. The food was good quality with interesting and sophisticated combinations and well priced but the portions were slightly smaller than expected, so one main did not quite fill me up. To top it off we were given a free shot of limoncello at the end. Overall, a lovely experience and I will be back to eat again.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We met friends at this restaurant for something a bit different than traditional Spanish tapas. The Argentinian fare here was perfect. Many gluten free options for one of the diners and amazing desserts!! We had a wonderful meal after an evening at the Prado. We went back a second time because of the gluten free options. Staff was great. Feels like a family restaurant.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Family visit, two grandparents, one dad and three youngsters aged 10 to 16. Really good good with something on the menu for everyone. Great service and friendly atmosphere. Would definitely return on next visit to Madrid.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I have been wanting to visit this restaurant for so long but somehow never got round to it. Until today.
This place caters for meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans. A very extensive menu and a choice of starters and mains for veggies.
Seating is inside. Nice decor and friendly efficient staff.
I had Caprese salad to start. The pesto was homemade and delicious, followed by whole meal rice with tofu and vegetables. Now in my opinion you either do tofu well or not at all. This was done well. Tasty and mashed that I first thought it was hummus when it arrived. A huge portion with great flavour. This came with bread and a half bottle of red wine which sadly I couldn't finish. I was so full I opted for the watermelon as a dessert but there were lots of choices. It came to €10.50 in total which I think is great value.
I will certainly make another trip when my friends come to visit as something for everyone.