“Quality of food was excellent but is it really a brunch?”

El Jardin del InterContinental
Reserve with
El Jardin del InterContinental is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 12,348 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$35 - US$70
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chamberí
Description: Elegant and cozy restaurant recommended for lunches, gastronomical dinners and special events. With a beautiful outdoor garden overlooking our impressive lobby. The Head Chef Miguel de la Fuente is an expert of traditional Spanish and international cuisine. “El Jardín” organizes many gastronomic events and it offers every Sunday a renowned Brunch.
Reviewed 29 May 2017

To the point, food was great and the ambiance excellent, the attention as well and it´s well worth the price. However I think that due to the timing and also due to the types of food, it´s not really a brunch but rather an early lunch (for Spanish people).

They open at 13:30, so unless you are not me....you´ve got to have had breakfast before, ( there´s no way I´m going to wake up even let´s say at 11am and then wait until that time to have a first meal)...normally brunches should be starting around 11ish tops? Additionally, there was very little breakfast food (I seem to recall some eggs somewhere).

Anyways, they had calamari with rice that was awesome and also they had bogavantes (type of lobster), they have a guy right there cutting jamón serrano, paella, cochinillo and all great Spanish delicacies. You get your fill with cava or beer (I´m sure there are more options but that´s what I had), the waiters are good and everything is accompanied with a pianist playing nice music in the back (sorry no lady Gaga). Most of the people attending were locals.

It was a great experience and would return but I would definitively would eat my breakfast before ;-)

PS
I heard that kids are half price but did not ask up to what age.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Very good food and service was spot on. Very attentive wait staff. Really enjoyed our meal in a very relaxed atmosphere.

Francisco G, Gerente at El Jardin del InterContinental, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

I ate in the hotel restaurant each morning.It was reasonable but certainly not exceptional.They served tea in coffee pots so there was only just over one wilfully whereas I like at least two.
I didn't much fancy the dinner menu so never had a meal there.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We ate at ElJardin our first night in Spain. We chose it because we were tired and jet lagged and didn't want to leave our hotel in search of somewhere to eat. What we got was a wonderful meal with excellent service. It turned out to be a memorable meal for us both. I'd definitely eat there again!

Francisco G, Gerente at El Jardin del InterContinental, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear wfbsg,
We are delighted that you have discover our restaurant.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Breakfast buffet is sumptuous. Various local meats are a treat as are the pastries. Coffee con lecho is a pleasure and the cappuccino is delicious. Fruits are especially attractive and taste wonderful. Hummus is made on the spot.

Francisco G, Gerente at El Jardin del InterContinental, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Endless,

Thank you you for your comments.
Best Regards