Hotel Puerta America
US$172
US$130
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$132
US$112
US$76
  • Restaurant
Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$84
  • Pool
Hotel Paseo del Arte(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$107
Artrip Hotel(Madrid)
US$94
US$88
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Mucho Madrid(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$75
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
TOC Hostel & Suites(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$113
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
2,903 results
All reviewssilken puertaround bedzaha hadidspace ageron aradinteresting hoteljean nouvelwooden bathtop floordesigner hotelcity centresteam roomgreat designstar hotelroom servicerooftop barmetro station
Reviewed 19 February 2012

A friend and I booked this as a half term break. So spacious, so pretty - we really loved it. We had the Kathryn Findlay floor, the white floor, just beautiful. If I had to pick a downside it would simply be its location. It's not a particularly pretty area, but the hotel is about 20 yards from the Metro station, so how much does it matter? A word of financial caution.... I think the cheaper restaurant in the hotel is closed on Monday nights, so we went to the more expensive one. Apparently it's one of the best in Madrid and the level of service and presentation reflects this. Prices to match though, so take care! Would I go again? Am booking as we speak! Charming staff which always helps.

Room Tip: Now this is the best bit, looking through the images on the iPads in the foyer. Great fun!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. When we checked in at first we were a little disapointed as we were not shown a choice of floors to stay in but when requested to see it on the I pad we were shown them in a book and only 2 floors were available.
We picked on room, cant recall which floor, possibly the 5th or 7th and when we got to the room, it was quite rundown with shabby ceilings covered in dirt and the room was not so great, it was a surprise how poor it was actually. My wife had booked the place for my 30th so she wanted it to be special. So we went down and enquired about a different room. This girl at reception was much friendlier and we got a room on 11th floor I think that was much much better. It was really nice room and big comfy bed as well as curtains to block out all light for sleeping on in the morning.
The bath was huge, the whole room was excellent, really was. Apart from first little mix up everything was great here. Ok the pool on the top floor is pretty pathetic, i mean its like a big bath, its not great and maybe one could argue the place tries to be a bit too cool but its different and we both really liked it.
The location is a little bit out of the centre would be another downfall but the underground service is so good that it really becomes a bit of a non issue. Ten mins on underground with one change and you are at Sol, the centre of the city really.
The staff here are very friendly, one helped us with a map and gave us, in great detail, an indication of what to see and do. The bar men in the bar were very friendly and all staff really were very professional and very nice. We really enjoyed our stay! I didnt pay as I was being treated but my understanding (from what I could find out) is that it wasn't cheap and may be a little over priced for what it is!

Room Tip: Make sure you get to choose on i pad when you arrive which floor you want.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bobcat81
Valeria K, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Puerta America, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Costumer,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for having chosen The Hotel Silken Puerta America as “your home away from home” in Madrid.

Our main goal is to provide the best possible service to our guests. We are striving to constantly improve the quality of our services in order to have satisfied customers that come back again and again, for these reason we would appreciate if you may contact us to find out in which room you have stayed, this will allow as to check the conditions of room.

Your comments really helps us to get better and I can only thank you very much for having shared your experience with us.

Best regards,

Valeria Knop
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2012

great hotel and decor ... fantastic cost benefit for a 5 star hotel ... fantastic when back in madrid will return for sure

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marceloch
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Each floor of the hotel is designed by a different architect. Each room has a unique concept. When we arrived they asked us to choose a room looking photos in an Ipad!. Hard to choose because each room has interesting things. The rooms are bigger than the European average. Big beds very comfortable and what I most liked is the sight and cleanliness throughout the hotel.
The staff is young and very friendly. The hotel is not located in the center but the metro is at walking distance (2 minutes) and they have taxis on a 24 hour basis. Excellent restaurant and bar in the terrace with a spectacular view.
The pool, coffee area, everything is perfect. I was able to make a tour of the hotel and have been even more delighted. I had never stayed in a hotel like this. I want to come back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side have better view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I was in Puerta America and never had seen such a awfull customer attention as in this hotel,the employees at desk front are rude and made customers wait an eternity as they are the guests there . and at last .one of my friends had a dead in family and was impossible for him to made the modification for is stay and this happens almost a week before the time for arrival ...they just took the money and don't allow him to modify the stay for other time....in result of this we never consider to stay in again in this

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Madalena B A
Valeria K, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Puerta America, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Madalena,

Our Reservation Department has always the policy of refunding, cancelling or changing a reservation in such a delicate situation.
We really regret that you have not contact our Customer Service, as I said before our policy is always to help our costumers, and even more in such a painful situation.

Kind Regards,