All reviews great location minute walk walking distance breakfast is served nice bathroom gran metro supermarket bathtub receptionist calle euros europe
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I would have like to give a good review for this hotel, but sadly, our stay was marred by receiving a traffic violation for entering the Restricted Traffic Zone around the hotel as we collected our bags from the hotel on check-out. Here is a warning to other would-be guests.

Upon check-in, we completed a form for the hotel so that they could register our car's registration with the Madrid Traffic Department that controls traffic and parking violations. Once registered, we are allowed to enter the area to access the hotel. However, upon returning home, we received what the Spanish call a Dununcia or fine for 90 Euros, reduced to 45 if we pay within 20 days.

We contacted the hotel in an effort to see if they could assist with this, however managements reply to my enquiry said: "...it is needed to fill one form per each day you need to use the car, in order to report the plate number every day. I am afraid we are not able to handle this situation since we were not aware of it."

Surely if our stay was for several days, the hotel could have made us aware of this need. Management indicated that the form does say we need to do it each day, however, I don't recall seeing it, it was not bought to my attention and the form I had was in Spanish! Would it not be in the best interest to ASK? If I am a guest in the hotel for 4 days I assume that this would be taken care of for my entire stay!

We have travelled extensively through Europe for many years and only at this hotel do I apparently need to complete the same form every day. Come on. Customer service? Not here.

Not to mention we had to keep asking for a third towel and drinking glass for our third guest, multiple times.

My work is in the service industry - no service, no industry! For me it's a management issue. And in the case of the traffic fine, it was management that appear to have thought better not to go an extra mile for the customer and make them happy.

On that count, I don't recommend the hotel. However, if you do stay, and you have a car, be sure that you fill out the form EVERY DAY! (Even if management decide to amend their practice - be sure, just in case.)

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank rodzoz
Reviewed 29 August 2017

we stayed 6 nights in 2 rooms. the rooms were spacious and well lighten (very unique!), location was perfect - 100 m. from Plaza de Espana and its metro, 1 minute walk from Grand Via, 5 minutes walk from the royal palace... we walked by foot to all the main attractions.
the hotel was very clean and the staff were amazing. breakfast in the next door hotel was way beyond standard european 3-4 stars hotels.
RECOMMENDED!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I have been for 5 days @ Madrid. The hotel is very well placed (50mt from Plaza de España, subway, walking distance to some atractions (Palcio Real, Catedral de Almudena), excellent commodities, 5 star staff. Breakfast is served in a close by Hotel from the group, and it is excellent. Close to supermarkets, street full of commodities. Gran Via is parallel to Calle Leganitos. You can reach it walking in a few minutes.
The only remark is that you can be less confortable with street sound, but you can live with it.
If your purpose is to enjoy Madrid, I strongly recommend this Hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights last weekend. The location is superb, you are close to everything. The hotel is nice, rooms clean and staff were very helpful. At 250 for a room only for 3 people it was not cheap. The one downside is that there is no bar/lounge area where you can sit and have a drink.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank MikeLough
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Central, friendly staff and lovely room. We were amazed at how peaceful the neighbourhood was though just a 2 minutes’ walk from all public transport (Bus, Tram & Metro) which literally all stop just around the corner.

Date of stay: July 2016