“Funky place and nice brunch”
Review of Ojala

Ojala
Ranked #1,024 of 12,141 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$17 - US$35
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malasaña
Description: Our menu includes breakfast / brunch abundant served until 8:00 p.M. With a wide range of artisan breads and juices. In the night time is a selection of Sandwich and casual style finger food. Try our cocktails selection!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The bar has a terrace in the sun in the morning which is appreciable to brunch. Inside, the bar is very cool and the toilets funny so if you wish to have a look go for it. Brunch was nice also a bit expensive for the quantity but we can't really argue with the sunny terrace and friendly staff. We had the eggs Benedict, if you are very hungry, go for some tostadas in complement.

1  Thank Janice K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I came here with friends for drinks and dinner. The atmosphere was very cool. The decorations were cool and the basement floor is covered in sand and beach themed.

However, the food was a disapointment. My friend and I ordered a sandwich and the tacos. Neither of us liked our dishes. The portions were small and the food was just not that good. I will recommend the cocktails though.

Service was fine. The food came incredibly quickly too.

Overall, the atmosphere is nice but the food not so much. Maybe come here for drinks but not for a dinner.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

My local friend brought me to this bar and I am so glad that she did or I would never have noticed this amazing bar.
The upstairs area is classy, but the downstairs area is where it's at. The floor downstairs is covered in sand and the seating consist of low beach seats. The lighting is great and the music completes the mood. They serve great cocktails.
Also maybe a bit odd to note but they have really cool (genderless!) toilets, with mirrors on every wall.

Either way I definitely recommend this bar if you're looking for a unique drinking experience.

1  Thank Merel W
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We only stopped in for drinks and sooo glad we did!! The atmosphere was superb!! The top level looks like a really nice restraints for then you go downstairs and it’s a WHOLE NEW WORLD!! It’s like you’re on a great beach anywhere in the world having a FABULOUS time!! There’s literally real sand everywhere!!! There was a GREAT DJ and the drinks were yummy!! Perfect jewel in the city if Madrid!! And I’m not going to try to explain the bathroom...just make sure you use it (it’s a real TREAT)!!

1  Thank miercoles b
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Buzzy place with a great atmosphere. We hadn't booked & were very lucky to get a couple of seats at the bar. We enjoyed a couple of drinks & really good reasonably priced food. The staff were friendly & the service great.