Hostal Condestable
US$169
US$82
US$76
  • Restaurant
Hotel Paseo del Arte(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$107
  • Restaurant
Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$84
  • Pool
Artrip Hotel(Madrid)
US$99
US$92
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Mucho Madrid(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$75
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Go to Las Musas hostel you will have a better experience trust me!
Okay where do I start?
Service: poor/inconsistent
- if you get the grumpy old man, he doesn't speak english and shrugs his shoulders a lot, never smiles and avoids solutions to problem.
- when I asked about the wifi not working he just shrugged his shoulders
- when I wanted to use the kitchen he said it was private for employees what type of hostel doesn't have an open kitchen.
- when I asked to get my towels changed they kept on insisting they changed it yesterday. It was until I was firm that they decided to change for me. Who cares just change it.
- only one lady speaks English at least she smiles
- the middle age man in the wee hours of night is very nice

Environment
- construction around the area. Based on what I have read from tripadvisor the construction has been in progress for at least 2 yrs boy they are slow
- drilling and hammering noise between 830am and 530 pm. So no afternoon naps and you better wake up early.
- creepy elevator and dust everywhere outside the hostel
- hookers near the end of the street but probably similar to any where on gran via

Rooms
- clean
- cheap locks on the closet don't lock, really? You advertise that you have luggage lock up.
- weird key policy you have to leave your room key at the front desk before you leave the hostel every day.

Pros
- I got my own room and bathroom (not all rooms are singles you need to check)
- wifi
- cheap tiny bar of soap
- cheap tiny bottle of bubble bath
- clean towels and hand towel
- clean rooms and area
- price maybe But I payed 64 euros per night for the private room
Goooo somewhere else like Las Musas Hostel!!
Unless u don't care about what I had issues with then go ahead

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was a bit concerned after reading some of the other reviews but I don't see too much of a problem with this hostal at all. First of all you can't really complain about the location, within 2 minutes you are near Callao or Gran Via. It's a great spot to be. Yes, there are prostitutes nearby, but to be honest, anywhere you stayed in this vicinity or central Madrid there would be and it is not dangerous. (I feel safe). Second the building is undergoing renovation but this doesn't effect the hostal. The atmosphere inside is great, it seems quite new. The room is nice, with a desk sink and wardrobe, and is cleaned every day (they are very thorough about this). Also air conditioning and a flat screen tv. I am very happy to be staying here and I think it offers excellent value for money. The staff are very nice also. By the way - I expected the walls to be paper thin after another review, when I arrived they seem to be thick concrete walls and I don't hear my neighbours at all.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front of the hostal are bound to be quieter, especially on a Friday and Saturday. The receptionist arranged for me to be at back of hostal.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2011

good quality-price, to be downtown, so close to all the major madrid attractions, the metro station (callao) and the shopping area of gran via, malasana and chueca. lot of rooms, quite tiny but decent, clean. watch out, the walls are thin so you can easily listen to all the tv shows your neighbors are watching.. plan to have your earplugs with you.. they are quite necessary wherever you sleep in downtown madrid. in the end the prices are good, they dont offer you so much indeed but could worth the stay, it's way better than any other hostal in the same category

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tommaso P
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Even if this hostel is on 5th floor, it's been one of the most possitive experiences for accomodation when thinking about a place where to stay in Madrid. Located just a few blocks away from Gran Via and Chueca points of interest, this place has perfectly clean single rooms with nice beds, AC, a huge space to keep your clothes and luggage. Owner is an amazing woman an employees will clarify any inquiere you may have, being totally customer focused oriented.
I was coming from Ibiza after a crazy party week (July, 2011) and this was the perfect place where to stay and rest.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Good location near metro, but it was quite difficult to find and the hostel's sign was sooo small I walked pass it many times. We had to check the address to make sure and finally found it. The room was clean but rather small and we couldn't open the window because the construction outside the window made it full of dust so the room was not so well ventilated. There are 2 shared bathrooms which is also clean. And they were always available we didn't have a problem of waiting to use it. On the saturday night it was so noisy because there was a pub near the hostel.

One thing is, we were told to leave the room key in the box near the door when we go outside which we dont understand why? This box was not in the front desk and I noticed that sometimes there were no staff at the front desk. How can we be so sure that nobody pick it up to enter our room. I asked the staff for the reason but he spoke only spanish. We left the key then, because we don't have any valuables left in the room anyway.

So i recommend this hostel for a budget traveler who spend most of the time outside the hostel and be sure to carry your valuables with you when leaving. And for those who have no problem of sleeping.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple