“excellent”

Hotel Deloix Aqua Center
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Stayed for a week in April cannot praise it highly enough, rooms were large / clean and very quiet. I am a very picky eater and still managed to find something to eat at every mealtime, staff were very pleasant / friendly and helpful. i have stayed in afew other hotels in benidorm (Ambassador Regente and Presidente) none of these compare to the Deloix

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Deloix Aqua Center

Reviewed 25 April 2010

this hotel is beautiful and clean we went for a short break for 4 days on the 11th april and altough not stopped in this hotel for all time but ended up stopping for 13 days due to the volcanic ash. hotel is just abit out of town but a nice walk about 20-25 mins to the beach, there is a bus that you can catch just outside hotel and it is just up from the benidorm palace which is a fantastic show. There is one man on reception a really tall guy who is not very helpful and very very ignorant but alot of the other staff are very friendly. the restaurant is beautiful but the food is just ok, the breakfast is the best meal they serve so don't expect the best for dinner or tea, there is alot of fish but they seem to over cook it and it is very dry. the entertainment is'nt very good and is held in the reception area but there are plenty of bars and entertainment within 10 min walk. the outside pool is freezing but the indoor pool is great for the kids and they do like you to wear swimming hats. overall i would say this hotel is a great hotel if you want cleanliness but at the weekend i would say it turns into a spanish base because you get invaded at weekends by them, i would'nt recommend it for a family weeks holiday but i would recommend it just for a short break.

Reviewed 23 April 2010

Stayed At the Deloix With Thomas Cook In April 2010
This is an excellent hotel, and far above the quality I have come to expect from 4 star spanish hotels. The hotel is very clean and very well maintained, the staff are friendly and efficient.
The outside pool is nice but not heated, you can use the indoor pool on colder days which has a lifeguard present all day.
Rooms and bathrooms are stylish and very spacous, the biggest hotel room I have had and the bathroom was kept spotless by the excelent hotel Maids.
The hotel is catering for several different nationalitiies and as such the food served in the hotel reflects this, however it was always hot, plenty of choice and very fresh, If you are a vegetarian just mention this to the chef and he will prepare a meal for you in adavance!
The location is out of town, but walkable for most and takes 20 mins to the beach, but there are plenty of shops nearby.
Hotel enteraintment is not great, aimed at kids mostly, but would recomment you walk 10 mins into town and use the rock n roll bar which has great enteraintment every night.
I would recomment this hotel to anyone, very pleasent and enyoyable stay!

Reviewed 14 April 2010

My Wife and Myself along with my Son who is 15 stayed at the Deloix Aqua Center for a week from the 7th to 14th of April. The Hotel is situated on a main road leading out of Benidorm on a slight incline, as we were on the far side of the Hotel our room was very quiet both day and night. It is a good 20 minutes walk to the sea front at levante beach which was'nt a problem for us as we're all pretty fit, there are regular buses though that stop outside the hotel. The room was quite spacious and very clean with a large bathroom. The only downside was the food which was all very bland and not very hot, but we always seemed to find something to fill us up. There is a large outside pool and a childrens play pool which is away from the adults pool, there is also a gym and a spar which we did'nt use. Although the Hotel is out of the main center there are several good bars just down the road selling good cheap beer and food. All in all I would recommend the Hotel but not the food.
Steve from Sheffield.

Reviewed 14 April 2010

Don't often feel a need to review however I travelled with a baby of 23 months and children aged 10 and 11.

The staff were fantastic with a good standard of English - the restaurant staff were lovely especially when the kids made an effort to greet them in Spanish.

Food was pretty standard buffet - although a large choice of hot and cold was offered. I have a fussy eater who did struggle on a few occassions but overall even she found things she would eat.
We are pretty tight on food standards and my wife's a chef so she's very critical where food hygeine is concerned but she was impressed by the cleanliness of the restaurant and food areas. The kids were stopped from going in without shoes one morning in case they slipped or trod on anything.

You will need swimming caps to use the pools and the hotel sell these at an expensive 2 .5 euro but they are the cloth ones.
The inside pools were good but be warned the floor can be slippy and the baby couldn't balance on it at all.

The 2 indoor pools are on different levels and you have to get out of one and walk to the second however the first step from the top pool to the bottom one is easily missed as it blends into the floor very well so be careful! I have mentioned this in my feedback form.

The outside pool was cold but the kids were braver than me and enjoyed it. Bar staff regularly come to the sunbed areas and will take orders and bring them to you.
Prices I say are standard for a hotel and expensive compared to town bar prices.

The kids play area (wet and dry) is in a shaded area of the hotel which we thought was a nice touch although made the wet area a little too cold for april. There's also a little known indoor soft play area off here with a kids club with the lovely Sasha - a brit.
My 2 spent quite a bit of time in these bits - my 11 year old says it was good for the imagination, The baby loved the indoor area and the dry area.

There are sunbeds available here so parents can watch the kids.

Room are a good quality and clean the housekeeping staff are lovely and friendly and although their english may not be brilliant they will help as much as they can - i felt really bad as the last night we needed a doctor that used all our Euros and we couldn't tip so we'll be trying to get one to them later as the rooms were spotless often being done whilst we were at breakfast
The safe is subject to an additional charge of 2Eu per day

Point to note - at night the lights are on motion detection and turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity which was a bit frustrating on our first night as everyone else slept and I went for a soak in the deceptively deep (a fantastic touch) bath with my new book that I'd been desperate to get started with

Television has a good range of channels although only 2 were english speaking - but if I wanted English speaking telly I'd have stayed at home

There is entertainment on a night but I found the lounge got a bit smoky for me when a lot of people used it.

Reception were brilliant and fluent in English and gave great advice down to bus times etc and how to get to places - as always some were better than others but for the most part excellent.

I like to know how hotels react to problems and I'm able to provide feedback on this. My daughter was in the small link pool that leads from the inside area to the outside pool - to allow you to acclimitise to it. A disabled lady in a wheelchair wheeled herself a little too close to the link pool and the wheelchair fell into the link pool on top of my daughter. The lifeguard was there in seconds we didn't actually see him get there and he got the lady out. My wife felt a bit aggrieved as no one had seen to our daughter who was fine apart from some whacking great bruises and she got herself out (although she's a perfect imprint of a wheel on her back). But after she calmed down she realised that the lifeguard had assessed the situation and was dealing with the most affected people first - so again a good review for the lifeguard and his reactions from me.

There is disabled access to the top indoor pool from a chair lift

On the last night of our visit our baby fell ill and the hotel gave us our options and got a doctor for us who was with us in 20 minutes (70 Eu daytime, 90 Eu nightime for the visit).

It's a good 20 minute walk from the beach (out of the hotel turn left and keep walking) - but that's not a bad thing as it takes you out of the main hustle bustle and noise of new benidorm and you can get a bus if you want.
Old benidorm is a good 30-40 minute walk but the No. 10 bus get's you there in about 10 minutes and is 1.25 Eu per person (including children)

There was a WiFi hotspot in reception but I didn't use it although other's were connected up whilst I was walking through so I'm unsure if there's a charge

Overall an excellent stay and we will use that hotel again.

2  Thank Mikey006