“Absolute gem!”
Review of Bajamarea

Bajamarea
Reserve with
Bajamarea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 4,021 Restaurants in Valencia
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Description: Very cozy place in the heart of the Barrio del Carmen,where every day you can taste new dishes of fresh fish and seafood of traditional italian-seaness recipes,in our menu. Fresh products of the day, from the central market of Valencia to your table! An at night homemade pizza 100% italian
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing place, shrimps are one of the best I've tried around the world. Calmari are soft and tasty. Decently worth a visit!

Carlo S, Propietario at Bajamarea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Jazz club next door, came out hungry, went for pizza. Very nice, good honest pizza, though “sausage olives” are something that you can live without....

Carlo S, Propietario at Bajamarea, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My mum and I were looking for some good vegetarian pizzas. Not only was the food here great, but the two men running the restaurant were really friendly and apologetic about a small delay to getting us seated (not their fault, then restaurant was really busy!)

Carlo S, Propietario at Bajamarea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you very very much!!!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Popped in for a pizza one evening after meeting someone coming out who highly recommended the place. It was a rainy night in early March, so not much action. Sadly the place was deserted apart from the staff and two others who came in just as we were leaving. Pretty little restaurant, helpful and friendly waiter, great pizza. Authentic and delicious. Just what we fancied and reasonably priced.

Carlo S, Propietario at Bajamarea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Had very high expectations having read all the 5* reviews on trip advisor. Sadly we were disappointed.

1. Atmosphere - severely lacking, we were the only table in there (I assume because it was early on a Sunday evening). It was cold (temperature wise) and it seemed to me that the staff acted as if the boss wasn’t in, so there was a lot of hanging around and chatting. At one point I felt the staff were talking about us in Italian which made me feel uncomfortable. We had to wait ages to get our bill.

2. Food - okay. We started with a Caprese salad which was a very generous portion but the mozzarella tasted cheap and the tomato was too hard. I also found a hair and didn’t mention this to the waiter but I probably should have brought it to his attention so he could rectify but I did leave it in a prominent position on my plate. Our pizzas were fine, nothing to write home about. There were no condiments available apart from oil and salt as the balsamic vinegar had run out apparently.

3. Drinks - There was a very cheap bottle of wine on the menu - €9, which is the cheapest we’d seen since eating out in Valencia. We opted though for a glass of chianti and a beer which were both reasonably priced.

4. Overall I wouldn’t return and I much preferred our meal at the nearby Italian restaurant ‘La Strada’ however others may prefer the more rustic and informal experience at Bajamarea.

Carlo S, Propietario at Bajamarea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Going to eat in Spain at 7.15 pm is not so soon but much more and if it was only you, it is because here the dinner starts around 9pm, minimum. At 9:30 pm we had 23 people. We speak Italian because we are Italian, not to talk bad about customers. Should I speak a different language for every foreign client that comes in to make him feel embarrassed and not to let him know that I'm not talking about them? I am the owner, the chef and mine is not a restaurant but a Taberna where the environment is informal and rustic and, working in Italian restaurants for 20 years I do not understand what condiments would have liked to find for a pizza .. For the hair, if it is true, I would have preferred to say it in the moment and we would have done everything to add the problem. But, as always, writing it is much easier and I honestly do not understand the advertising that is doing another restaurant on my page (this should make the reader reflect). Cold environment: yesterday at Valencia 26 degrees !!! Next time I'll put some blankets, I've never seen the temperature drop to 23 degrees ...