All reviews old town airport bus good size quiet street hour reception complimentary bottle lovely hotel tea bags excellent shower main sites front desk staff road noise air con hotel is located valencia cathedral minute walk sized room
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Stayed here for a night during my recent trip to Valencia. The hotel is situated right outside the city center but close to the old town. It's about 10 min walk the old town center. The hotel is housed inside a restored historical building and nicely decorated. Room are really spacious with high ceiling and a nice balcony. Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Price is affordable compared to other hotels in the city center. I would strongly recommend people to stay here if they plan on a visit to Valencia and want a taste of staying in a historical building.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
ReceptionFrontDesk, Recepcionista at Ad Hoc Monumental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear One-Lonely-Nomad,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the location,quality and service provided by our staff. We all look forward to welcoming you back in a very near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Charming old building, but my room was very small. Nowhere to put my suitcase, no mini fridge, and minimal toiletries. Bring your own shampoo and lotions. Also found the lighting in the room to be a bit poor. The buffet breakfast was good, but when I went at opening time on the weekend it was full so I had to ho elsewhere for breakfast. The best part are the front desk staff. Super helpful and friendly. Excellent location.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I stayed in this hotel on 22 April 2018n for 4 nights . Unfortunately I had an accident at the entrance of the hotel. There is a ramp which is very flimsy, my shoe got stuck & I fell on the marble floor. I twisted my ankle & I was in excruciating pain at night , I was unable to walk and stand on my foot. I asked reception for help @ 1 am in the morning, receptionist brought one tablet of pain killer. I asked if there was anyone who knows fist aid to bandage my foot. There was no one. I also insisted that this event should be reported for heath & safety reasons.
Early morning I asked the reception if I could see a doctor to see if there was a fracture , she said that they could call the hospital or I could go to a doctor which is near by, I wanted to know if hotel would pay for all the expenses. I was told no, the manager said that their hotel is a high quality and there is nothing wrong with the ramp. If I can post the video of the ramp on this site I will do it later. Luckily I had EU health card & travel insurance cover.
If I didn’t all expenses would be my responsibility .
Merit of the story is that don’t rely on this hotel that they will take responsibility for the accidents happen on their own premises.
I went to the local hospital with the paramedics, waited 3 hrs for an X-ray .
No one seen me. I took a taxi back to hotel thinking that this was a nightmare I could do without.
Hospital system isn’t good. Hotel isn’t responsible. And there is no manager or health & safety officer in the hotel. I think for a eurpean country the system is bad.
Would I ever stay in this hotel again the answer is No,,,!considering I paid £78 per night including breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Lovely clean and quiet hotel with character, and with excellent access to the Turia park and a very short walk to the Plaza De La Virgen in the old town.
Our inside room was spacious and comfortable with a good sized bathroom. Staff were very friendly and approachable and our welcome was warm from the moment we arrived. We preferred to explore and eat out so did not sample the restaurant so cannot comment. Would recommend and will not hesitate to stay again if returning to Valencia.

Room Tip: No coffee or tea facilities in room but bottled water is provided.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ReceptionFrontDesk, Recepcion at Ad Hoc Monumental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear Abattely,

Thank you for staying at Ad Hoc Monumental and for taking the time to forward your review . We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our hotel aims to provide an unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope to see you again

Reviewed 24 April 2018

The hotel is located perfectly in walking distance to all attractions. It is nice and cosy, very friendly and helpful staff. The room was quite big, well equipped, bathroom with walk-in shower.
We did not have breakfast so we are not able to assess.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear simra2018,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your recent stay with us. We`re very pleased that you were happy with your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words and we would be delighted to welcome you back in a near future.

Reception department