See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Perfect 4-star hotel in the Centre of Matera. Breakfast was ok. Hotel room was very clean and friendly staff. If we would return to Matera, we would stay there again. We had the junior suite and we can recommend it!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2015

The outstanding aspect of this hotel, besides its good location, was the kindness its employees showed an exhausted American tourist. After arriving 10 hours earlier than I had reserved, a clerk showed me a room where I promptly showered and rested. When I arrived there in early July, I did not see many American tourists. It was also difficult to find Materans who spoke English. Thanks especially to Maria at Albergo del Sedile for all of her help to me: locating a guide and sending me to her family's good restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony facing away from Piazza dei Sedile.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2015

This hotel has perfect location: in the center of Matera. My room had great view on the beautiful square. Every evening the music was coming from the music school which was near. The coffee was great and the room very nice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

The location of this hotel is amazing! Right in the center of the old city, walking distance to anywhere. It's new, very modern and also offers nice breakfast.
The standard double room was huge!! With a balcony overlooking the city. Unfortunately there was an ants issue in the room so we were moved to the junior suite - which was strangely smaller and with a see through tab located right behind the bed - uncomfortable to say the least.
Staff was nice and welcoming. Would definitely recommend this hotel but go for the standard room, not the suite :)
They also offered valet parking for 20 Euros per day, very convenient as there's no parking around the hotel.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Hotel is in a perfect location and within walking distance of anything you'd ever need + shopping. I've stayed in this hotel multiple time but this time, they had a new art deco entrance that was both convenient and hassle free (and now has elevator if you don't want to take the stairs). This is a great hotel if you can get a room (they book up fast).

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business