“A refreshing change”

Price range: US$18 - US$35
Description: Your local veggie experience made by our mums
Description: Your local veggie experience made by our mums
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stopped in for a light lunch after wandering around town. It's well decorated - lots of colours and neat details - and the menu had a good range of lighter options. We visit Italy for at least a couple of weeks each year and often crave something different to "menu tipica" or "local speciality". In other words - non-"Italian". In many tourist towns this is very hard to find but we generally have success with independent vegetarian places even though both of us eat meat. This was no exception, the owner obviously cares about the food and his customers and was friendly and helpful. The lunch items we had (falafel, vege croquettes, aubergine parmagiana) were tasty and the desserts were excellent. A vegan chocolate cake and a cheesecake. Highly recommended. They also do a selection of independent craft beers and soft drinks.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I randomly bumped into this restaurant while looking for a bakery...And I must admit that I was taken aback by the atmosphere of the place and I decided to stay and have lunch. I'm vegetarian (14 years going strong) and the food is delicious!! The Dark chocolate cake was amazing and service superb! Just give it a try since their love for produce and tradition really shows in their dishes .

fiordicucuzza2015, Proprietario at Fior di Cucuzza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

thank you so much dear and happy Ally!!!
so nice to meet a person as you and hope you'll be back soon to taste our new dishes!!!

enjoy your holidays and be happy....and always smiling as you are!

Danilo

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Excellent food from a large and varied menu catering for vegetarians and vegans.

Great atmosphere with a friendly and funny waiter (the owner) who spoke perfect English.

Reasonably priced and goes on our list of things of things to do/see every time we are in Matera. Miss it at your peril.

fiordicucuzza2015, Proprietario at Fior di Cucuzza, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

thank you so much Peter!
so happy you liked my place and enjoy it so much!

be back for Matera2019!!!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We were not overwhelmed but it was good to find a vegan restaurant in Matera. The pasta was a little too salty for my taste and to be honest we have had better meals but appreciate the ethos.

so sorry Red you did not liked your meal properly and completely but if a course is not good for you, you could had told me and i would had done my best to let you be satisfied...

if you don't talk, i cannot imagine if something is wrong....

have fun

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I'm not veggie, my husband is. We went to this resturant and the food was excellent and the house wine really great and good valuet. We ordered a starter between us and then two mains and had two extra plates so we could share. The food was delicious, really tasty and the service good. Honestly you won't miss the meat.
In addition they have menus in English and other languages.